Fitting New Bathroom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
I've done mine a few times,I'm a plasterer when I want so that's sorted.Tiled it last time,floor and walls.I think if I was doing it again I'd use that aqua board.Was plastering a ceiling at someone's house and they'd had the bathroom done in it.Looked good and no messy grout etc.Easy to maintain I'm told.Fitted it to the ceiling in our bathroom and looks ok.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Are you tilling the floor?
no the house is too old and unsquare for that and all the pipes for the boiler etc etc are under the floor.........so i'm just going to pin some plyboard down and then laminate flooring

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Fair play to Jowwry, that takes some doing. I fitted my own bathroom suite, but paid a rough salt of the earth tradesman type to do the rest of it.
in my rental property which was our previous house, i did that bathroom twice in the 10yrs we were living there. Not bad for a pen pushing data analyst

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So finished at 3....so had around 2hrs before the light outside fully went on me and i couldnt see my cut marks

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Was all on plan to finish on Sunday as per my schedule and then we unwrap the bath and find this

so a quick email and a few photos to the bath company and a new one is arriving on Tuesday and the damaged one collected.......it means I can take an extra day or so’s care over the tiling now

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Bathroom has stalled a little due to partners health and our beloved cat becoming ill....

but I have put the first coat of paint on the woodwork and started the tiling....also laid osb board so the flooring will have a better structure to adhere too and a bit more strength where the bath will sit

i will lightly sand the painted areas before the next coat of paint and the new bath arrived uncracked this time

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@jowwy
I suggest you get some Frog Tape for the masking. It works so much better than ordinary masking tape. No bleeding, easier to remove and doesn't pull new paint.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

@jowwy
I suggest you get some Frog Tape for the masking. It works so much better than ordinary masking tape. No bleeding, easier to remove and doesn't pull new paint.
its only on the tiles to stop paint getting on them @ianrauk after the painting i will remove the tape and then grout

Drago

Legendary Member
Blimey, not hanging about there Jowwry. Top work.

irw

Quadricyclist
to be honest i was hoping to have been finished by now.......but partners health will always come first

Hmm. Don't tell Mrs. IRW...I started ours 7 months ago...still going...!

(To be fair, I ended up getting a job a week after getting all the materials in, when I was expecting at least three months of nothing, and we also had a baby in September...!_

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So yesterday to take my mind of losing one of my animal family on Friday night, I cracked on with the bathroom.....

laid the flooring and the rest of the big 600x600 wall tiles, got all the smaller pieces and cuts to make today. Then tomorrow will be grout afternoon and then it will be time to fit the bath in.....

pictures will follow later as I and other things on my mind.....

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well done ! Sorry about your loss as well . Bet you would have done a better job than the f...n plumber who did my bathroom!! He is back today to fix his utter clustersf.......k of a mistake with my radiators! Seriously this job has been the worst thing ever and I should of just done it myself !!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So all the tiling is done now and all setting nicely ready for the grouting tmrw evening.......then I can fit the bath back in on tuesday evening....

without blowing my own trumpet...it looks pukka

Top Bottom