Fitting New Bathroom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
We are now out of the welsh lockdown, so I can get materials for the bathroom refurb.......

after removing shower cubicle yesterday, today it was tile and old plaster board removal

First bit of boxing in the pipwork for the toilet, sink and handbasin waste

Last edited:

BSOh

Über Member
Is it a typical DIY project for you, or are you pushing yourself?

2 weekends ago I was browsing new floor tiles for the kitchen. Only looking mind you. 24 hours later I had ordered them and knocked a stud wall down to make more room :blush:

Waiting for electrician to come and move a switch or two, and plasterer to tidy up then I can crack on and have a go at the floor. Done walls before and did a pretty good job, so fingers crossed I can pull it off :laugh:

I love a good DIY project, this is my biggest to date. Good to do something productive whilst waiting for a vaccine, not much else to do.

Good luck!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Is it a typical DIY project for you, or are you pushing yourself?

2 weekends ago I was browsing new floor tiles for the kitchen. Only looking mind you. 24 hours later I had ordered them and knocked a stud wall down to make more room :blush:

Waiting for electrician to come and move a switch or two, and plasterer to tidy up then I can crack on and have a go at the floor. Done walls before and did a pretty good job, so fingers crossed I can pull it off :laugh:

I love a good DIY project, this is my biggest to date. Good to do something productive whilst waiting for a vaccine, not much else to do.

Good luck!
I fitted and tiled the original bathroom 5yrs ago before we moved in.....myself and my father gutted the house and rebuilt it in 6wks....with new kitchen, all new central heating (paid gas engineer), plastered every room ceilings and walls, created a dressing room in bedroom 2, fully decorated the whole house, engineered wood flooring all down stairs, carpets all upstairs.

but i was never happy with the shower unit my partner ordered and always said I would rip it out and rebuild it at some point and during this mini lockdown the shower started to leak.....it was the excuse I needed

will be tongue and groove all around up to 950mm, dado rail, then 2 rows of 600x600 tiles all around to ceiling height.......hoping to be done by Sunday, as only using evenings due to WFH

BSOh

Über Member
...hoping to be done by Sunday, as only using evenings due to WFH

😲 by Sunday? I salute you sir, but from your description of your work when you moved in that is probably taking it easy for you :becool:

I've given myself until Xmas. I prefer not to rush :laugh:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

😲 by Sunday? I salute you sir, but from your description of your work when you moved in that is probably taking it easy for you :becool:

I've given myself until Xmas. I prefer not to rush :laugh:
By doing it myself, if it goes wrong, I’ve only wasted My time......if I pay some one else and hate It, ive wasted a tonne of money on labour costs.....

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

JhnBssll

Veteran
Nice work :okay: I'll be following this as I've got a downstairs loo to build and the bathroom upstairs to replace once I'm done with the structural stuff :okay:

newts

Veteran
Within the shower area tile backer boards are recommended rather than plasterboard.
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Knauf-New-Aquapanel-Board---12-5mm-x-900mm-x-1-2m/p/207027
http://www.dukkaboard.com/
Plasterboard failure is the most common cause of leaks & mould within showers.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

So we have some updates...tonight started like this

Few hours late and some trips to the skip

Then we started plasterboarding

So thats it for today....

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Are you doing your own plastering as well Jowwry?
No plastering required........

tongue and groove upto 950mm, waterproof bathroom paint

then dado rail,

then 600x600 tiles

due to the size of the tiles each wall requires around 8 tiles

Hope the bottom will come out something like this

Drago

Legendary Member
Fair play to Jowwry, that takes some doing. I fitted my own bathroom suite, but paid a rough salt of the earth tradesman type to do the rest of it.

Top Bottom