Fix Your Bike Voucher Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will be looking to get a voucher for my wife's bike. Just needs a tune up - indexing and brake adjustment. I'm sure our LBS will do a grand job of it (assuming I can get a voucher).
buy her the park book of bicycle maintenance for her birthday - if she rides at all the indexing is going to need looking at again soon enough - and then off to the bike shop again? Ditto brakes.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I trained myself to become a decent bike spanner man. A moral question - Why should I, a taxpayer, subsidise someone such as yourself who has the same number of fingers, thumbs and brain cells as me, just because they haven't troubled themself to do the same?
I have kept myself largely fit and healthy yet I subsidise those who haven't.
I school my children in independent schools yet I subsidise those who use state schools.
I have never made use of a prison, have largely stayed clear of the police, have never taken any government credits or grants and have paid for my own housing, yet I subsidise those for others. Welcome to the welfare state.
Sure, I could do with some new cables or brake pads here and there but I don't expect the government to get them for me.

rrarider

Veteran
I'm rather hoping that I can get one of the big bike retailers to tighten my dust caps to the correct torque and add a couple of consumables, like tyres, to the bill of £49.99.

rivers

How far can I go?
I won't be signing up for the scheme, but fair play to those who do. I'm seeing the scheme as a way for people who have an old bike that needs a bit of attention to get their bike roadworthy without costing them a small fortune hopefully. I keep mine and my wife's bikes in roadworthy condition and send them in for a service once a year, and a strip and rebuild on my bikes every 2-3. Also, none of my trusted bike mechanics have signed up to scheme due to the amount of faff involved on their end. And I won't be taking any of my bikes to the local halford's.

Looks like the scheme has hit a road block. No vouchers available. I hope that this scheme is not abused. I fear that it will. Could be a great way to get more cyclists active. I really hope it can do some good.

BigMeatball

I school my children in independent schools yet I subsidise those who use state schools.
I have never made use of a prison, have largely stayed clear of the police, have never taken any government credits or grants and have paid for my own housing, yet I subsidise those for others. Welcome to the welfare state.
Sure, I could do with some new cables or brake pads here and there but I don't expect the government to get them for me.

I guess some people just lack altruism.

It's the same "me me me me" people that are showing their true colors in these times. Just a bunch of tossers :hello:

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm wondering how many people this could benefit? How much is available in the pot?
£50 x 50,000 (£2.5m)?

straas

Matt

I've never had to use an ambulance - we should get rid of them.

Top Bottom