fixed, fixie, fixer, fix...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
zimzum42 said:
I have what I would describe as a fixed gear road/TT bike. I have aero bars and deep rims for speed. I don't have a back brake because it's a track frame and there is not a hole to fit one. I have a front brake cos I'm not an idiot who thinks he can slow from 25mph to stop for a numpty.

So, am I still a hipster or whatever, in my lycra and LOOK pedals?

Nah...seen pics of your rather nice bike. :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I know what the problem here is.
Bonj wants to be a hipster, but hes not sure how to be a hipster, so hes going around calling people hipsters.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

zimzum's got unnecessarily-deep-section wheels and washing basket hubs, 'course he's a hipster.

Joe24

bonj said:
zimzum's got unnecessarily-deep-section wheels and washing basket hubs, 'course he's a hipster.

And what do you have then Bonj?
Ive never seen a picture of your fixed.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
I know what the problem here is.
Bonj wants to be a hipster, but hes not sure how to be a hipster, so hes going around calling people hipsters.

this thread's about correct use of language not hipsterism.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
bonj said:
yes you have it's here: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3503/3187529479_560d5d0f71_b.jpg
back brake's currently off and it's got a brooks not a toupe as in that pic.
it was in the 'show us your steel it's real' thread.

Chains slack :blush:

Joe24

Bonj, dont call anyones bike when yours is like that;)

Brooks? You hipster you. Look on the LFGSS forum, they all have Brooks saddles on their bikes.

I dont have a back brake either though, they are just a waste of time when you can leg brake.

Get it painted aswell Bonj, bright pink. Go on, i dare you;)

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj, dont call anyones bike when yours is like that;)

Brooks? You hipster you. Look on the LFGSS forum, they all have Brooks saddles on their bikes.

I dont have a back brake either though, they are just a waste of time when you can leg brake.

Get it painted aswell Bonj, bright pink. Go on, i dare you;)

Oh Joe! I don't go on the londonfgss forum, largely because i'm not a hipster so I wouldn't know. I have just got a brooks 'cos it's comfortable.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

i've got some spare handlebars by the way if you want - they're drops, but you could hacksaw them down. Or alternatively you could just hack one of the drops off, then they'd sort of be risers. they wouldn't be symmetrical, but it might not matter.
Why do you want risers? as in mtb handlebars?

Joe24

Ive sorted some out now Bonj, thanks though.
They are going on the cheapo fixed with some orangy pink cable and maybe some bright pink grips:becool:

You know your a hipster Bonj. Your like what you said earlier. In denial of being a hipster, so much so that you are actually a hipster, remeber you saying that Bonj?:blush:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

yes but i don't deny it vehemently, if you want to think I am, you're welcome to but you'll be wrong.
The point in hand is that 'fixed' is an incorrect term used for an object because it isn't a noun.

Joe24

bonj said:
yes but i don't deny it vehemently, if you want to think I am, you're welcome to but you'll be wrong.
The point in hand is that 'fixed' is an incorrect term used for an object because it isn't a noun.

Your too clever Bonj.

I think you need some pink grips on your fixed Bonj, pink and black will look good.

Top Bottom