fixed, fixie, fixer, fix...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

it seems a certain amount of exception has been taken of late to the term 'fixie'.
The term 'fixed' seems to have cropped up as a conscious but awkward alternative to those wanting to distance themselves from the 'hip' crowd.
It seems the hipster/fakenger fashion seems to be 'uncool' to some and therefore an inverse-hipster fashion seems to have cropped up which can itself make fashion victims of fixie riders.
The problem is 'fixie' is a purely invented term and therefore a noun in its own right, whereas 'fixed' is the past participle of a verb.
The term 'fixed' used as a noun grates on me so I shall be viewing with suspicion those that use it, and shall using the term fixie.

MajorMantra

bonj said:
The term 'fixed' used as a noun works for me so I shall be viewing with suspicion those that don't use it

Fixed. :becool:

Matthew

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Bonj, im now going to tell you to **** off.
Its fixed to me, whatever to anyone else.
Its a simple bike, why do you have to try and complicate it? WHY? WHYYYYY?????

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Admit it Bonj, your a hipster
Im a victim of my own lazyness

nope, i'm just NOT an inverse-hipster - like you are. You are the opposite of zimzum. You inverse-hipster.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Admit it Bonj, your a hipster
Im a victim of my own lazyness

In fact, if being a hipster equates to homosexuality, then you are essentially displaying signs of homophopia, which probably indicate that you are fairly worried about the fact that you might be a hipster (gay.)

Radius

SHREDDER
Don't you 'ride fixed', 'ride a fixie', use a 'fixed gear', and have a 'fixed wheel'? :becool:

Joe24

bonj said:
In fact, if being a hipster equates to homosexuality, then you are essentially displaying signs of homophopia which probably indicate that you are fairly worried about the fact that you might be a hipster (gay.)

Bonj, come see what i wear sometimes when i ride. I have a messenger bag, i roll my jeans up if i have jeans on, wear a cycling cap and fly around spinning.
You could class me as a hipster, except im not.
You however, are a hipster, because you have decided that if you go for being one you can say your not one and your not hipsterphobic

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Joe24 said:
Bonj, come see what i wear sometimes when i ride. I have a messenger bag, i roll my jeans up if i have jeans on, wear a cycling cap and fly around spinning.
You could class me as a hipster, except im not.
You however, are a hipster, because you have decided that if you go for being one you can say your not one and your not hipsterphobic

ah but you only aren't a hipster because you've decided that you're not, but you essentially are displaying all the signs of being one. Being able to ride fast / go up down hills doesn't make you not a hipster.

Joe24

bonj said:
ah but you only aren't a hipster because you've decided that you're not, but you essentially are displaying all the signs of being one. Being able to ride fast / go up down hills doesn't make you not a hipster.

I wear lycra most of the time when im on my bike

Face it, your floored. So far floored you are sunk down

Top Bottom