Fixed penalty notice for little girl selling lemonade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

If we go by the headlines then Daddy should be in jail for slinging his 5 year old daughter on the street to earn her keep. But then did anyone really think the idea and implementation were the work of a 5 year old. Almost as believable as the idea that they issued a fine to a 5 year old.

The scan of the ticket upthread shows it was issued to the father. The BBC and Guardian are both reporting that it was issued to the child.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Almost as believable as the idea that they issued a fine to a 5 year old.

I note whose name is on the penalty notice.

I also note that the report doesn't include the enforcement officers' side of the story.

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story though, eh?

Read the article, the headline is good.

Girl selling lemonade, four officers approach her tell her she is a criminal*, she runs to daddy, daddy turns up, receives ticket.

*Not literally, but effectively

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Read the article, the headline is good.

Girl selling lemonade, four officers approach her tell her she is a criminal*, she runs to daddy, daddy turns up, receives ticket.

I got the impression from the article that Daddy was supervising his 5 year old daughter and she didn't have to go fetch him.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
BBC sensationalism at it's best.

The Prof was on the radio banging on about government cuts to social services creating this situation. :wacko:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Still, despite the BBC getting this story so hilariously wrong, they can still be trusted to accurately report foreign affairs, politics etc eh?

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Of course not, they're all* little Hitlers.

The council knows they did wrong:
A council spokesman said: "We are very sorry that this has happened. We expect our enforcement officers to show common sense and to use their powers sensibly.

"This clearly did not happen.

"The fine will be cancelled immediately and we have contacted Mr Spicer and his daughter to apologise."

U

User482

Of course not, they're all* little Hitlers.

The council knows they did wrong:
A council spokesman said: "We are very sorry that this has happened. We expect our enforcement officers to show common sense and to use their powers sensibly.

"This clearly did not happen.

"The fine will be cancelled immediately and we have contacted Mr Spicer and his daughter to apologise."

Is there an echo in here?

Top Bottom