Fixed penalty notice for little girl selling lemonade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

... and the new Dr Who is..........

Time Travel enabling a reply on page 2 to Nickyboy's on page 6

Impressive!

All we need to do now is go back, stop the ticket being issued and we are sorted
I suppose that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I suppose that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

You are entitled to your own fantasy world.....

Can we get back on topic now?

winjim

Smash the cistern
When we were kids my sister and I had a cake sale in our front garden. We'd watched the news and decided we wanted to do something for charity. So we put up a sign the week before and leafleted the street. We baked a load of cakes and on the day set up a little stall and sold them to our friends and neighbours. We made a few quid which we split between WWF and ActionAid.

Mum helped but it was essentially our show. We had no licence or permit, but I think the bits I've highlighted above in bold are relevant to how I feel about this case.

winjim

Smash the cistern
You were in your garden, not on the street during a festival full of street traders. People have garage sales, you don't need a licence for that.
Exactly so. No licensed cake vendors' livelihoods were affected by our actions and we weren't going to cause any large organised events to breach the terms of their own licences. And it was for charidee so I claim the moral high ground.

Top Bottom