Fixed Penalty Notice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I'll tell you what is stupid. This stupid hot weather, that's what's really stupid. There is just no point to it and no one has even tried to offer an explaination as to the motivation behind it. And why not? Because there is none, it's just stupid. Stupid, stupid heat.

I'll tell you what is stupid. This stupid hot weather, that's what's really stupid. There is just no point to it and no one has even tried to offer an explaination as to the motivation behind it. And why not? Because there is none, it's just stupid. Stupid, stupid heat.

It was my idea. I thought of hot weather during a cold spell in 1996 and wrote a paper on it.

It was adopted by God and other deities as an ongoing desired strategic positive outcome for the summer months and was first rolled out in June 2001.

Even if you see no point to it, I thnk you might at least show some corporate buy-in and not slag it off around colleagus who may be more impressionable.

By the way, there is a point to it. It's for like growing wheat and stuff so we can, like, eat and stuff and get a tan and go swimming and that.

It's all in the paper I wrote. And then lost.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It was my idea. I thought of hot weather during a cold spell in 1996 ........
By the way, there is a point to it....... and get a tan and go swimming and that. .......
I went to the local pool for a swim last night with my wife and kids. She just laughed and laughed at me. She said I looked like I was wearing a white t-shirt, with my brown arms and brown head and neck. Luckily I was wearing swimming shorts so she couldn't see my matching white trunks! xx(

Cyclopathic

Veteran
It was my idea. I thought of hot weather during a cold spell in 1996 and wrote a paper on it.

It was adopted by God and other deities as an ongoing desired strategic positive outcome for the summer months and was first rolled out in June 2001.

Even if you see no point to it, I thnk you might at least show some corporate buy-in and not slag it off around colleagus who may be more impressionable.

By the way, there is a point to it. It's for like growing wheat and stuff so we can, like, eat and stuff and get a tan and go swimming and that.

It's all in the paper I wrote. And then lost.
Hmm, yes, I think I heard about this paper and IIRC it was witten up in "The New Scientist" with the ringing endorsement "This paper is stupid and rivals such psudo scientific twaddle as Nero Linguistic Programminng and Homeopathy for most debunked hypothesis of the modern age" National geograpic were more concise and simply said "Stupid".
You might want to read Newtons little known but much admired addendum to his theory of thermo dynamics entitiled "Why heat is stupid" for a more reasoned analysis of the subject. There is also a very revealing set of papers written up by the Shackleton expedition (again little known for some reason) on how to effectively grow a bumper harvest of pretty much anything in perma frost, under half a kilometer of ice and snow. It not only gives the lie to the notion that heat is somehow necessary for crop growth but also draws into question the role of light. (Not that light is stupid of course in and except where it is inneficient and produces much heat as a biproduct...Like the stupid sun)
If you should doubt a single word of the above I would simply ask you to consider how "stupid" you may appear if you do so and I have to repeat myself with the word "FACT" at the end of each sentence.
Good day sir.

Hmm, yes, I think I heard about this paper and IIRC it was witten up in "The New Scientist" with the ringing endorsement "This paper is stupid and rivals such psudo scientific twaddle as Nero Linguistic Programminng and Homeopathy for most debunked hypothesis of the modern age" National geograpic were more concise and simply said "Stupid".
You might want to read Newtons little known but much admired addendum to his theory of thermo dynamics entitiled "Why heat is stupid" for a more reasoned analysis of the subject. There is also a very revealing set of papers written up by the Shackleton expedition (again little known for some reason) on how to effectively grow a bumper harvest of pretty much anything in perma frost, under half a kilometer of ice and snow. It not only gives the lie to the notion that heat is somehow necessary for crop growth but also draws into question the role of light. (Not that light is stupid of course in and except where it is inneficient and produces much heat as a biproduct...Like the stupid sun)
If you should doubt a single word of the above I would simply ask you to consider how "stupid" you may appear if you do so and I have to repeat myself with the word "FACT" at the end of each sentence.
Good day sir.

New Scientist? New Schmientist!

Shackleton? Schmackleton!

Of course I'm going to take seriously the ramblings of a so-called 'explorer' who crashed his ship into the biggest piece of ice EVER and then forgot where reverse was and got it stuck... For months!!

Permafrost? Schmermafrost!

I think you get the drift. As, in his own way, did Shackleton.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Good day sir.
Frankly i'm a little disappointed at your lacklustre approach to research. You blatantly ignored feynmans paper on the subject, drawing his conclusions form decades of research in to quantum electro dynamics. He quite clearly argued that heat is indeed "stupid"... His words ...and i'm not talking the "floppy o ring" sense of stupid for which he demanded so much attention, nope, just plain old stupid.

Shocked that you missed that, do try to keep up.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I travel to work without a cash card or mobile phone... or my passport... yes, really!

Apropos to nothing much, I watched last Sunday's episode of Law and Order UK last night and was amazed that the young copper found it difficult to believe that a suspect didn't have a driving license. I've never had one and have no intention of getting one.

Slaav

Veteran
Here goes.... (Waiting for theTdF and putting off washing the car :smile:)

I know the road/s and area pretty well; it is on my commute and if the route down through Endell St is sticky, I cut past the Museum and along teh stretch of road the OP was 'done' on. For those that do not know the road, Google SV does not do the situation justice in that the road was always Eastbound ONE way only against the direction that the OP rode down in.

As someone earlier has mentioned, a short few years ago, a lane (Eastbound) was sacrificed to make way for a contraflow bus lane. Now as you can imagine, priority/space was given to the bus lane and the other lanes were slightly 'squeezed' as one can imagine. The end product is quite a pain in the 4rse to be honest - at one point further back towards Tottenham Ct Road, I think Eastbound is ONE BL00DY LANE!!! (USed to be 3)

So, anything/one filtering in either direction is very squeezed. Cyclists simply do NOT wait in line behind buses at bus stops - please dont tell me you/they do. Cyslist filtering as you were attempting to do so are a total and utter pain in the bum even at low trafiic volumes. From memory, the traffic was hardly light and there were plenty of buses which would have kept you in the opposite traffic flow pretty much constantly. You may be comfortable with that, most wouldnt. Especially the other road users - i.e. motorists!! (Of which it may well be me :smile:)

As a check and balance, I could supposedly 'justify' that route for my own safety as in pleasant weather, I Boris Bike home reversing my route. Admittedly I come up Kingsway and then have to head West but that route would not even occur to me at all, ever! I assume (you mention Grays Inn Rd) that you came along High Holborn and turned right at the Holborn Tube? Where were you heading? Many on here will happily show/tell you a safer and legal route!

If I bring my bike into London (roadie) and am 'hoofing it' more than on BB, I would simply turn left at the Tube and head towards TCR taking my chances with the traffic rather than do what you did. (I actually cut through to Drury Lane and pop out nr TCR/Centre Point into stationary traffic which allows me to filter safely :smile:

I am not sure quite what you were hoping to achieve with the OP/Video but I would suggest that whilst some may agree with the sentiment re Plod wasting their time (which I think is your aim) any feeling of empathy for your predicament is 100% blown apart by the RLJ and stupid route that you illegally insist on using!

Sorry, but I really cannot see any redeeming factors anywhere in this. And do bear in mind that I have plenty of experience (daily) of the junction/s in both my car and on a bike.

Apologies for the length but the background was to try and lend some more weight to my point vs a simple rant at the OP.

Hope no offence caused but please change your route and self justification :smile:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I travel to work without a cash card or mobile phone... or my passport... yes, really!

Fair enough and I dont want to wish ill well but....touch wood and all that...what if you were involved in a collision, or just had a medical issue, passed out, tripped on a step, walked in front of a bus.

How would they know who you were, what your medical condition was, what allergies you have, who to contact?. I don't tend to leave the hose for the day (on the bike or Motorbike) without an ICE number and form of identification (not proof of ID just a form of ID).

Having said that I don't know how long your journey is, Mine is around 20 miles in each direction (these days a fair bit more as I'm trying to train for an event) so there's a good deal of exposure to heat, traffic, fitness, peds.

Top Bottom