flapjacks can you

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Apeman

Über Member
Try this one Colly--mix 5 oz porridgewith 2oz chopped dates,rte apricots,dried papaya with 1 oz flaked almonds,sesame seeds as well as 2 oz sultanas. Heat 2 tbsps clear honey and 3 tbsps peanut butter and mix with above. Add a well beaten eggwhite to mix-pour on to lined baking tray and spread evenly.Bake at 190c/350f gas5 for 15/20 mins until golden brown - cool slightly -cut into bars-let cool totally and put into container or eat at once -but not all of them!

dudi

Cathryn's Mum's recipe for delicious flapjack:*

200g oats
100g 'flavourings' like dried fruit, seeds, choc chips etc. I used cranberries
and sesame seeds
50g plain flour
100g butter.
2 tbsp golden syrup
75g brown sugar (try 50g, mine was a bit too sugary)
1) Mix the oats, flour and flavouring stuff - ie dry ingredients
2) Melt butter, syrup, sugar in microwave
3) Stir into the oat mixture
4) Grease a baking tray
5) Wack it in and level. Press down firmly
6) 180 deg c for 20-25 mins. Check after 20 mins.
7) Take it out and leave it to stand until it cools!!
8) Cut into wedges whilst still ever so slightly warm

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think I may have had a virtual affair with Cathryn's mum on last years fantasy Tour de France thread:ohmy:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Aperitif said:
Colly - 'search' Kathryn's Mum (:smile:) and her excellent flapjack recipe. Big stuff on this forum last year...I might have been guilty of posting 'how to do it' pics if you can be bothered to look...:laugh:

You get your pics if you search thread titles for Flapjacks, or the recipe if you search for Flapjack, never knew an s could be so crucial. :smile:;)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
My Mum is utterly delighted with her virtual fame. My Aunt is a bit of a 'cook' and has seriously had her nose out of joint that Mum's the cyclists' cook of choice!

Mum wishes it to be known that for her birthday this year, she was given a Giant Cypress which she ADORES (her first proper bike) and is being taken on tour to France by her daughter (moi) in May!

Rich P...she denies all knowledge of the aforementioned virtual affair.

She does make stonking flapjack though.

Top Bottom