Flat Handle bar Shifters for Ultegra 10 speed crankset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chandrider

Regular
Hi... I have Road bike with Ultegra 10 Speed crack set and drop bar working perfectly... However due to physical limitations, I want to change to Flat handle bar without giving up carbon frame advantage and rest of the parts.. Challenge would be to locate exact shifters for flat bar that will work well with Ultegra 10 speed crank set.. Need suggestions and guidance.. please.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

gaijintendo

Veteran
Presumably Tiagra 4600/4700 flatbar shifters would work. I say this to be corrected if not, but I presume the pull ratios are all inherited from ultegra 10sp groupsets...

Another thing to consider are the planet x handlebars. Mary? Midge? Someone can correct this to. But I'm sure I've seen the relaxed retro looking bars with STI brifters on them

Lastly... Cx levers? Upright position, and not a major modification?

gaijintendo

Veteran
You can still treat the drops as flats, @Chandrider just don't use the drop part as i do. You'll find you have more hand positions. If you want a more upright stance you could change the stem to a shorter one.
Just a suggestion.
Or even a riser stem?

You can often flip your stock stem to get a couple of degrees off the usual flat. That's a 5 minute job, might work wonders.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chandrider

Chandrider

Regular

OP
OP
Chandrider

Chandrider

Regular
Presumably Tiagra 4600/4700 flatbar shifters would work. I say this to be corrected if not, but I presume the pull ratios are all inherited from ultegra 10sp groupsets...

Another thing to consider are the planet x handlebars. Mary? Midge? Someone can correct this to. But I'm sure I've seen the relaxed retro looking bars with STI brifters on them

Lastly... Cx levers? Upright position, and not a major modification?
Thanks.. Will try Tiagra 4600

gaijintendo

Veteran
I tried stem riser.. બાય Flip do you mean flipping it backward to bring the handle bar closer?...
I really don't mean that!
You leave it pointing forward, but the part at the bottom, flips to the top.
The opposite of this:

slam-that-stem.jpg

Taken from http://drunkcyclist.com/2012/04/05/to-slam-or-not-to-slam-that-is-the-question/

Top Bottom