Flat pedal shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Since moving to Edinburgh I've been commuting on my Brompton with it's standard pedals. I wish to keep with the original pedals but need dome shoes with a more rigid sole than the trainers I have been using to date. Something with an element of weatherproofing would be nice too.

Any suggestions on footwear meeting these requirements?

Thanks in advance.

screenman

Legendary Member
Grisport are a brand of shoe I discovered when looking for something to replace my Brasher's, I would go as far as to say they are a better quality product, loads of different styles as well.

I have some Five Ten shoes and they're great. I swapped the laces for some elastic ones so they don't get caught.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I bought a set of DC Tonik shoes for the Single Speed.

Trouble is, I like them that much, I wear them all the time

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I wear Karrimor Hot Rock walking shoes - nice stiff soles, comfortable on and off the bike and waterproof (to a point, they won't keep your feet dry on an all day ride in pouring rain, but they'll cope with some rain).

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-hot-rock-low-mens-walking-shoes-183714?colcode=18371418

Karrimor Mount Low are quite similar but the colours aren't as interesting. ^_^

OP
OP
U

User33236

Thanks for all the suggestions. Gives me some good information on what to look at. Hopefully some are available locally so can try them on before I buy

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Anything with a Vibram sole..Merrel, Scapa..they are designed to grip to wet, slippery rocks, so a bicycle pedal should be a non issue.

Andy_R

Grisport are a brand of shoe I discovered when looking for something to replace my Brasher's, I would go as far as to say they are a better quality product, loads of different styles as well.
Ever since Sports Direct took over the Karimoor and Brasher label, they've been shite. Mike Ashley beleives in make it cheap, buy it cheap, sell it for the brand label. I had a pair of Karimoor KSB walking boots that I bought in 1986, and I must have walked over 3000km in them over 20 years. (I remember the year as it was one of my first adult purchases for a gap year before going to uni) 2006 I had to retire them, and bought a new pair of Karimoor boots that lasted about 10 months. Never again. Brashers have unfortunately been brought under the same flag ship...so no..

Last edited:

Andy_R

Bear in mind if you buy Merrel online, they use smaller lasts for their shoe sizing, so go one EU size higher

Top Bottom