Flat pedal shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I am talking old Brasher who were merged with Berghaus. Mind you I think Reebok were involved at some point.
Reebock used to make some exceptional products, but have ended up going the way of most of the big esoteric brands. Make em cheap, sell them as premium goods based on the brand...Buy it again tomorrow....

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
For me, Scapa seem to fit the bill. Comfy as can be from the start, and very robust. The only walking boot I've ever been able to buy and walk on the same day without having to break them in. However, they do suit a broader foot, so if you've got skinny ski like feet unlike my duck paddles they may not be for you.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Pretty much any sports shoe with a thin stiff sole and leather-like upper will work well. In summer, plimsoll-like shoes or baseball shoes are cooler, if you can tolerate the slightly bouncy feeling.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They come with hard plastic blanks, so they're basically shoes with holes in the soles for water to get in eventually, aided by hydraulic action as the sole and blank flex differently as you walk. The shoes where you have to cut the sole to access the cleat holes are better, but it's usually easier just to buy regular shoes IMO.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I wear Karrimor Hot Rock walking shoes - nice stiff soles, comfortable on and off the bike and waterproof (to a point, they won't keep your feet dry on an all day ride in pouring rain, but they'll cope with some rain).

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-hot-rock-low-mens-walking-shoes-183714?colcode=18371418

Karrimor Mount Low are quite similar but the colours aren't as interesting. ^_^

Another vote for something like these, other outdoor shops have similar budget ranges.

The fact they are not fantastic as walking shoes is irrelevant, because the OP won't be doing the Three Peaks Challenge in them.

Slight negative is they are quite a big shoe, size for size, so there may not be a lot of clearance between the inside of the heel and the chainstay.

tyred

Legendary Member
I mostly wear my Trespas hiking shoes.

Top Bottom