Flat pedals, hmm...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm a flat pedal convert........And Also I like being able to jump over the bars if things go horribly wrong.

Not arguing with your preference for flats prawny but I'd love to see a vid of you demonstrating that technique without doing yourself serious damage. And how wrong do things have to go before you bale? -

Like this, but less badass looking

View attachment 343584

I must be badass because I can bail over the bars even when riding clipped in on full tension, no sweat! :becool:

I even have the GT team shirt to match, Uber cool :ninja:

prawny

TBH I might be able too, but I've got more confidence that I could on flats. That said, apart from trips to away, there's only one bit of trail I've ridden just on flats, everything else I've done on both with no issues.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My biggest problem is lack of flexibility. There's no way I could get my feet over the bars in that manner...
You would be amazed at what you can do in an emergency. I gracefully stepped over the bars and landed on my feet one time after my front wheel disappeared into a bog up on the bridleway along Rushop Edge a few years ago, I wish someone had been filming me because it was a text book dismount with a 10 out of 10 scorecard for style :becool:

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
You would be amazed at what you can do in an emergency. I gracefully stepped over the bars and landed on my feet one time after my front wheel disappeared into a bog up on the bridleway along Rushop Edge a few years ago, I wish someone had been filming me because it was a text book dismount with a 10 out of 10 scorecard for style :becool:

I miss all that area. I used to live in Hayfield (for 18 years 'til 2015)...

OP
OP
3narf

3narf

For whom the bell dings
This is what I'm talking about- all was going well at Forest of Dean on the family trail (with Mrs 3 and the kids). I was getting the hang of bunny hops a la No1 son, then a moment's inattention and this happened!

IMAG3946.jpg

IMAG3953.jpg

More concentration needed, I think.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Maybe you should leave cycling to people who are better able? :tongue:
I mean, I've done the Forest of Dean trail and the scariest bit was the descent from the cafe/visitor centre back to the trail :surrender:
Anyway, clipped in is better, stops all these foot to pedal interface malfunctions.......

Top Bottom