Flat pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza81

Über Member
I dont want to get clip in pedals just yet, had them before and not for me at the moment.

My current pedals are one sided which is annoying.

Any recommendations on some flat pedals or are they all the same?
I have some on a hybrid that are quite wide, should i use them or are smaller ones better

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I have always used DMR V8s but I have just broken one on my cargo bike so I am considering Nukeproof Neutron EVOs simply because I feel like a change. They might be too large a platform for your purposes though. What do you think?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You could get the shimano 530s and you'd have both.

shimano-a530-touring-pedals-oe-silver-EV192334-7500-1.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Any recommendations on some flat pedals or are they all the same?
I have some on a hybrid that are quite wide, should i use them or are smaller ones better

From a functional point of view, flat pedals are flat pedals. Most of mine run on cheapo Hybrid/MTB resin types that can be got for a fiver a pair, my 3-speeds use old-school rubber block pedals - because that's what 3-speeds were built with, and my old drop bar Dawes bike has original rat-trap style ones with the toeclips removed. I don't notice any difference whatsoever between different pedals on different bikes. The cheap MTB style ones can be regarded as sacrificial on a bike that gets bashed around where the pedals might get grounded or scraped on walls etc. They are also unlikely to get stolen from an unattended bike, whereas I've seen expensive bikes locked up in London where the pedals have gone AWOL, presumably taken by a tea leaf unable to get the whole bike.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
DMR V12, last a lot longer than the V8s, though they are more expensive.

Top Bottom