Flat pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
What about them toe cage things? Anyone use them? Anygood?
If you want one sided pedals that are a bit of a faff... go for it. Toe things on pedals are a thing of the past for me. It's Wellgo/DMR V8s all the way these days. My feet simply do not slip off them, regardless of my footwear.

Toe clips are less efficient but more convenient than clipless pedals.
Note that nobody uses toe clips with racing cleats or tightened straps so citing these as disadvantages is pointless.
Loose straps on toe clips allow you to ride with any footwear. Exit is instantaneous, there is no "clipless moment". Entry takes a bit of practice to flip the pedal but once mastered, is quick and easy.
I have used toe clips for touring, commuting and everyday riding but never fitted them to my current easy riding bike.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah was just a thought, think ill go with the v8s and see how i go with them.

I found when i had spd peddles the clipping out would hurt my knees sometimes as the twisting of the ankle isnt great for knees.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah was just a thought, think ill go with the v8s and see how i go with them.

I found when i had spd peddles the clipping out would hurt my knees sometimes as the twisting of the ankle isnt great for knees.
Doesn't affect my arthritic knee, better when clipped in as the knee doesn't move laterally when pedalling
You can get SH56 cleats too which you can pull up to release and no need to ankle twist

And they're pedals!

Top Bottom