Flies(and now incorporating fleas). Products to top them with and is it ethical to top them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
We have one of the electrocuting rackets. Poundland sell them for err a pound. A little unwieldy in tight corners though.

Oh, and don't wonder "How bad can a charge be from two AA batteries?" Child 2 experimented and it was an unpleasant experience.
Local one had sold out for some reason. Even the staff were suprised.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We've come up with the idea of a 'Golden Swat' down my local pub. It's similar to the Golden Boot (the one who scores the highest amount of goals) they have in football world cups. Everytime you kill a fly you tell the person behind the bar who then marks it down on a score sheet. You have to show your kill as proof for it to be counted. I got 2 more last night which puts me on 3. The competition runs until the end of August. My kills last night were done by a rolled up newspaper,as the tennis racket swatter has disappeared. Fly spray kills do not count, by the way.

Julia9054

Guru
We've come up with the idea of a 'Golden Swat' down my local pub. It's similar to the Golden Boot (the one who scores the highest amount of goals) they have in football world cups. Everytime you kill a fly you tell the person behind the bar who then marks it down on a score sheet. You have to show your kill as proof for it to be counted. I got 2 more last night which puts me on 3. The competition runs until the end of August. My kills last night were done by a rolled up newspaper,as the tennis racket swatter has disappeared. Fly spray kills do not count, by the way.
Try the clap above method, you won't be disappointed

You were asking if it was ethical. Killing for sport is not ethical

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Local one had sold out for some reason. Even the staff were suprised.

The Accy effect or just a lot of flies?

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Did i ever tell you all about the time i worked in a 'posh restaurant' and the frogs legs fiasco? Well just in case i didn't,it was in the mid 1980's,not that the date really matters. The owner had bought loads of frogs legs. They didn't sell too well so he binned them. The restaurant closed for 3 days due to it being a bank holiday,or something like that. When we came back to work i opened the bin to put some more rubbish in when i must've been confronted by oh i'd say at least a thousand blue bottles! The rotting frogs legs stunk the place out,plus the filthy swarm ran amok in the restaurant!!:ohmy:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'll kill bitey flies on sight, but no particular issue with insects otherwise and will generally just shoo them out. I don't class wasps as bitey and shoo them out rather than kill too. Horseflies and mossies I will kill indoors or out.

You have to remember that these are germ spreading very annoying creatures,not fluffy cute bunnies or Bambi type deer. Totalling up one's kills is just making germ carrier extinction a bit more interesting.

You can't even remember what your ethical posture was only 24 hours earlier??

:wacko:

Being a animal lover and having a moral code that says i can't kill anything apart from in self defence or for food:angel:

Last edited:
Top Bottom