Flies(and now incorporating fleas). Products to top them with and is it ethical to top them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
At Christian Salvesens in the 80s, we used to have a pet food production line and the waste used to attract a lot of flies.
We sat in the engineering stores on a 2 to 10 shift swatting the blighters until one guy grabbed a can of WD40 and hit one bullseye with a deft squirt. :bravo:
That started it, we were all at it, squirting merrily away every time a fly went past in the parts stores as we chatted idly, lounging in old office chairs that sat around my desk.

It was great...until i came in the next day and all the labels on the parts bins had run and the writing was illegible. Took me ages to sort it out :laugh:

If it wasn't obvious, I don't give a damn about killing flies.

AndyRM

XOXO
Flies, like everything, have a part to play in our eco system. A few squished here and there won't make a difference, but wiping them out entirely would have terrible consequences I suspect. Same with anything really, even wasps.

Pleasingly, LittleRM is quite fascinated by bugs and spiders just now, much to the dismay of SophRM who is not a fan. We've started classifying the flies we see, currently Baby Fly, Tiny Fly and Real Fly.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
In our house flies get one chance to get back out of the house
Flies, like everything, have a part to play in our eco system. A few squished here and there won't make a difference, but wiping them out entirely would have terrible consequences I suspect. Same with anything really, even wasps.

Pleasingly, LittleRM is quite fascinated by bugs and spiders just now, much to the dismay of SophRM who is not a fan. We've started classifying the flies we see, currently Baby Fly, Tiny Fly and Real Fly.

Spotted any Marty McFly's yet?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I don't like killing anything so I'm happy if my electric tennis racket merely stuns a fly. I can then luzz it out the window to recover and annoy someone else.

splatting flies is gross.

Not keen on the occasional ones that sizzles on the racket. Ugh, that smell!

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Squashed fly pie topped with double cream?
upload_2018-7-21_17-45-39.jpeg

capricious-eccles-cake-cakes-recipe-goodtoknow.jpg

Stop it,i'm 'avin Eccles Cakes for my tea!:stop:xx( xx( xx(

Last edited:
Flies, like everything, have a part to play in our eco system.

And medicine (proceed with caution; this video is fascinating and disgusting in equal measure)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mDXfQ6zKD0

I got 2 more down the pub last night(
Not wanting to detract from the topic in hand,but i got 2 more last night,which keeps me at the top of the leaderboard.:whistle:
2 per night! All this fuss for 2 flies? :cursing:

They are soft up north.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And medicine (proceed with caution; this video is fascinating and disgusting in equal measure)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mDXfQ6zKD0

2 per night! All this fuss for 2 flies? :cursing:

They are soft up north.

It's been cooler at night lately:cold:. The dirty feckers aren't coming out to play as much:unsure:. As soon as we get another heatwave i'll be back on track,running amok!:gun:

"It's coming home,it's coming home ...."!:biggrin:

sheddy

Legendary Member
as I'm too busy to read the whole thread - can anyone recommend a mains (or USB) powered UV fly killer thingy ?

Top Bottom