'Flirt With The Dales' - Hebden Bridge/Bolton Abbey/Gargrave/Trawden - this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
new chain, new spuds, new bottom brackets, new double chainring all fitted. going to do a gentle run this evening for a few beers to check everything is dandy.

ps,
don't laugh at my mirror, remember it is my commuting bike and i need it to stay alive in mad manchester.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Kestevan said:
Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it. :rofl:
Apparently my presence is required elsewhere this weekend.
That's a pity, but there will be other rides. There's a good chance that I won't be doing the Red Rose Ride after all, unless my fitness somehow improves very rapidly over the next couple of weeks. If I don't do the RRR I'll organise something like this weekend's ride instead.

bromptonfb said:
don't laugh at my mirror, remember it is my commuting bike and i need it to stay alive in mad manchester.
Very sensible - if I was going to ride about in Manchester, I'd want mirrors and strap-on air-bags! :rofl:

The current rider list now is...

From Hebden Bridge:
  • ColinJ
  • Calum
  • bromptonfb
  • aJohnson
  • Kestevan (couldn't get a pass)
  • tubbycyclist (subject to pass)

From Bingley:
  • Moodyman

Hey Calum - you've gone a bit quiet - you are still coming aren't you?

Calum

Heya!

I've gone a little quiet because I ordered new tape from Wiggle and they had problems and couldn't get it to me in time. Don't worry though, i'm gonna buy some from the LBS tomorrow instead. I'll give it a test in the afternoon and if all is well, i'll be there on sunday morning!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Calum said:
Heya!

I've gone a little quiet because I ordered new tape from Wiggle and they had problems and couldn't get it to me in time. Don't worry though, i'm gonna buy some from the LBS tomorrow instead. I'll give it a test in the afternoon and if all is well, i'll be there on sunday morning!
Excellent. Let me know if you are not coming (or if your train is running significantly late), otherwise ride round to the car park to meet us at 09:45.

Calum

Sounds good! Assume i'm coming, if for whatever reason I can't i'll let you know on here. Let's hope we get some reasonable weather!

Ps, I think i'll PM Colly and ask him if he wants to come.

aJohnson

Garz said:
Don't blow away aj!!! :biggrin:

I'll try not too, went to Leisure Lakes today and stocked up on some gels and bars.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

tubbycyclist said:
I am in for this one as well. :ohmy:
I will be the daft bugger on the folder - as my new Hewitt won't be ready for another month :wacko:
It should be easy to recognise you because I know the other daft bugger on a folder! (Plus the other daft buggers not on folders!) ;)

Top Bottom