'Flirt With The Dales' - Hebden Bridge/Bolton Abbey/Gargrave/Trawden - this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, there's no rain here and not much wind either yet! The forecast is still for sunny intervals, but yes, also windy.

Oh well lads, we'll see you on another one (or perhaps later on this one Shaun).

aJohnson

I'll try to make it on the next one, will probably end up going out for a quick ride today. Sorry.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

aJohnson said:
I'll try to make it on the next one, will probably end up going out for a quick ride today. Sorry.
And now the sun is shining! :smile:

Mind you, I have backache and a sore leg so I will probably be a wreck by the time we get back... :biggrin:

Yeah, see you next time - enjoy your ride!

colly

Re member eR
I hope you lot had a good run out today.

I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway but thanks for the message Calum, even if I only just got it.

I did manage to get out for a couple of hours early doors though and very nice it was too.:wacko:

tubbycyclist

My first CC ride - cheers for that. I am sure that was hillier than SITD.

It is always interesting to ride other people's routes, I certainly ventured onto lanes I had not done before (although all of them were uphill...)

Hopefully I will have a triple for the next ride, as I am not fit enough to do these hilly rides with a double.

Calum - hope you made that train.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It was nice to meet you tc. I thought you did a good job on those gears. I tried one steepish hill without using the granny ring and couldn't cope with the gear that you were using.

I enjoyed the ride until we got to that killer hill at Thursden which finally finished my right leg off. They were the same kind of pains in the upper leg that I had on last weekend's ride. If it carries on like this I'll have to find even lower gears for the 20+% hills because my leg just won't take the strain

I got a text message from Calum just as I walked in my door. He got to the station platform at 18:51 for the 18:52 train which was just pulling in - perfect timing!

The overall ride stats are very similar to SITD but I think the hills today were often steeper.

That wind was a pain as a headwind but it was good when we had it behind us! The black clouds later on which looked like opening up on us just blew over and the sun came out again.

The Dales were looking good today!

Calum

Thanks for today guys! It was a hard day, but definitely worthwhile. As Colin said, I just made the train in time, despite cocking up the junction at the bottom of the hill when you get to HB and turning right! I used the turning point just down the road that cars are supposed to use!

I'm currently sipping lager and have just eaten a pizza the size of a kitchen table. - Happy days!

Garz

Squat Member
Any pictures fellas?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Garz said:
Any pictures fellas?
Here you go...

road-to-beamsley-wide.jpg

Stuck in traffic!

wharfe-from-cavendish-pavilion-bridge-wide.jpg

River Wharfe from bridge at Cavendish Pavilion

halton-moor-climb-wide.jpg

TC about to tackle Steep Halton Moor climb

pendle-hill-from-elslack-wide.jpg

Pendle Hill from Elslack

Garz

Squat Member
Absolutely beautiful bigC!

Definitely need to join you on these rides sooner rather than later!

Top Bottom