'Flirt With The Dales' - Hebden Bridge/Bolton Abbey/Gargrave/Trawden - this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Going to have to have sit this one out chaps.

Broke a couple of spokes during the homeward commute on Thursday and none of the local shops have my size (I have hub gears). Ordered via web but they won't arrive until mid-week so bike not suitable.

Sorry. Enjoy the ride though and the crosswinds.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Garz said:
Exactly... see thru lycra pants man!
I've got new shorts now! :wahhey:

Moodyman said:
Going to have to have sit this one out chaps.

Broke a couple of spokes during the homeward commute on Thursday and none of the local shops have my size (I have hub gears). Ordered via web but they won't arrive until mid-week so bike not suitable.

Sorry. Enjoy the ride though and the crosswinds.
Oh, bad luck! We usually do at least one ride a month in this area so there will be plenty of other opportunities for you to come along.

The current rider list now is...

From Hebden Bridge:
  • ColinJ
  • Calum
  • bromptonfb
  • aJohnson
  • tubbycyclist
  • Kestevan (couldn't get a pass)

From Bingley:
  • Moodyman (broken bike)

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
aJohnson said:
Just remembered I need longer valves now, going to Cooksons now to pick up spares.

can you get me a camelback 1l bite valve bottle in anything but blue? about £15 to £17, has a straw inside. i got my last one from cooksons.

colinj will vouch for my good character.

cheers

shaun

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
bromptonfb said:
can you get me a camelback 1l bite valve bottle in anything but blue? about £15 to £17, has a straw inside. i got my last one from cooksons.

cheers

shaun
Don't hand it over 'til you see the colour of 'is money! ;)

I didn't know that Camelbak did bottles. I just looked that one up and I think the only other colour is black - not great for keeping your drinks cool in hot weather!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
ColinJ said:
Don't hand it over 'til you see the colour of 'is money! ;)

I didn't know that Camelbak did bottles. I just looked that one up and I think the only other colour is black - not great for keeping your drinks cool in hot weather!

:troll:. cheeeky.

aJohnson

bromptonfb said:

cheers

shaun

I would have done but I'm a student so low on money aswell as only just seeing the message sorry :smile:

Calum

ColinJ said:
Don't hand it over 'til you see the colour of 'is money! :smile:

I don't think that'll be a problem tomorrow!

Don't worry i'm gonna bring two spare tubes. One for you after the one I half inched then punctured last week!

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
can't sleep. dunno why. wonder how it will affect my ride today? probably do the usual thing and fall asleep an hour before getting up. coiln, my mobile number is the same. see you all there. hope it stops raining by then.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
sorry colin, i'm out. i'm tired, it's raining and windy, the 3 things which don't add up to a good 100km on a brommie. when i wake up i'll go into the hills and maybe see you on your return leg. enjoy.

cheers

shaun

aJohnson

I think I may have to give it a miss aswell, sorry :smile:.

Not done much on the bike for about 3 weeks and wouldn't be able to get picked up on the ride if something was to happen like running out of energy, and with it being wet and windy makes it more probable. I wanted to test my legs yesterday but it was constantly raining here.

Top Bottom