Flu jab......are you for or against ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
From www.gov.com
"To date, the COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer/BioNTech has been supplied in the UK on a temporary basis under Regulation 174 of the Human Medicine Regulations 2012, but as this was always intended to be a temporary arrangement, supply of this vaccine will change to be in accordance with the conditional Marketing Authorisation (CMA)."
Totally and utterly safe medication ... but not having achieved permanent approval ... I’m happy to have had it, and Jules ... but “To date” not permanently approved ...

So, yes, approved.

Give up the anti vax memes.

Alex321

Veteran
Always happy to be better informed - can you direct me to the page that says number of contacts and vitamin D levels make no difference?
If you are happy to be better informed, then why are you making an utterly ridiculous request?

NOBODY has suggested for one instant that those things don't make a difference. Number of contacts absolutely makes a significant difference. There is less good evidence for vitamin D, but it appears very likely it does make a difference.

But neither of those have any relevance to the point that there is absolutely and utterly no doubt whatsoever that being vaccinated makes you less likely to catch covid AND less likely to transmit it.

Alex321

Veteran
Why would i be anti vax , having had both and having been invited to have the booster ... which i will happily decline ... everything i have posted shows my pro vaccination position ...
Nothing you have posted in this thr4ead suggests you might be pro-vaccine, even though you have had the two initial shots.

Alex321

Veteran
Yup. A 'no'.
What, exactly, do you believe he is saying "no" to?

If it is to the stupid question of asking him to provide evidence that contacts & vitamin D make no difference, then of course it is a "No".

But then nobody here has at any point posted anything to suggest they might not make a difference, so why would anybody be expecting to be able to find any evidence for something they don't believe?

Punkawallah

Über Member
What, exactly, do you believe he is saying "no" to?

If it is to the stupid question of asking him to provide evidence that contacts & vitamin D make no difference, then of course it is a "No".

But then nobody here has at any point posted anything to suggest they might not make a difference, so why would anybody be expecting to be able to find any evidence for something they don't believe?

Obvs you have not read the previous, so this is not relevant.

Thanks for the reminder; I'll book mine. I get it free because I have Asthma and anything bronchial can turn quite nasty.

It's a case of prevention being considerably better than cure; Last time I was off sick for six weeks and needed treatment for months. I've noticed that the more I ride a bike the less I catch a cold/flu and the milder they are. As soon as I started riding regularly I went from about 6 colds a year and a sort of permacold in winter to two colds a year. Now it's a bad year if I get more than a mild cold for a few weeks in winter.

Top Bottom