Flu jab......are you for or against ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
But about the Flu jab ..... I don’t, but if anyone wants too they can ...it can’t do any harm ... after all it’s a long term approved vaccine ... unlike the one i’ve had for covid.

The flu jabs and covid jabs are both approved on the basis that the benefits outweigh the risks.

It's almost certainly true that the covid risk balance is more in favour given the relatively higher intrinsic mortality *and* prevalence.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
It’s the risk isn’t it .... I’m at much higher risk of dying from cycling than Covid ... yet i still cycle ... lets not even discuss my motorcycle travels ...
The Grauniad ran a tongue in cheek post that said healthy under 30’s where at higher risk of death driving to the covid vaccination centre than from covid ...
But about the Flu jab ..... I don’t, but if anyone wants too they can ...it can’t do any harm ... after all it’s a long term approved vaccine ... unlike the one i’ve had for covid. ^_^
Interesting....

You don't think the flu jab does any harm but are worried about covid jabs due to it not being a long term approved vaccine.

You do realise that the flu jab is different every season to combat different strains? Perhaps that strain of vaccine might be the one that turns us all into anus licking lizards?

Somehow, it never happens...

Landsurfer

Veteran
The flu jabs and covid jabs are both approved on the basis that the benefits outweigh the risks.

It's almost certainly true that the covid risk balance is more in favour given the relatively higher intrinsic mortality *and* prevalence.
The injection i have received on 2 occasions is not an approved vaccine ... is it ?

Landsurfer

Veteran
Interesting....

You don't think the flu jab does any harm but are worried about covid jabs due to it not being a long term approved vaccine.

You do realise that the flu jab is different every season to combat different strains? Perhaps that strain of vaccine might be the one that turns us all into anus licking lizards?

Somehow, it never happens...
Not remotely worried ... never said that ...don’t make things up .... naughty matelot ...

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Why would i be anti vax , having had both and having been invited to have the booster ... which i will happily decline ... everything i have posted shows my pro vaccination position ...

I didn't say you are anti vax.

I said you're repeating anti vax memes.

Which you are.

Landsurfer

Veteran
As a company we’re paying for all staff to have the Flu jab, if they want it and aren’t in a freebie group .
As we have for the last 10 years ....
Pretty much since i came into work at our main factory and found myself ... by myself ... :laugh:
We have a company policy of .. “Don't come to work if your ill, as the rest of us can do without it!"
We’re all salaried so it does not effect anyones income ..

Landsurfer

Veteran
Just stop it would be my suggestion.

Vaccines are approved in the UK, and effective against infection, hospitalisation and death, and additionally reduce onward transmission somewhat when it you are infected.
From www.gov.com
"To date, the COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer/BioNTech has been supplied in the UK on a temporary basis under Regulation 174 of the Human Medicine Regulations 2012, but as this was always intended to be a temporary arrangement, supply of this vaccine will change to be in accordance with the conditional Marketing Authorisation (CMA)."
Totally and utterly safe medication ... but not having achieved permanent approval ... I’m happy to have had it, and Jules ... but “To date” not permanently approved ...

classic33

Leg End Member
From www.gov.com
"To date, the COVID-19 Vaccine Pfizer/BioNTech has been supplied in the UK on a temporary basis under Regulation 174 of the Human Medicine Regulations 2012, but as this was always intended to be a temporary arrangement, supply of this vaccine will change to be in accordance with the conditional Marketing Authorisation (CMA)."
Totally and utterly safe medication ... but not having achieved permanent approval ... I’m happy to have had it, and Jules ... but “To date” not permanently approved ...
Approved none the less for use in the uk though

Top Bottom