Fluid turbo trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Evans will match at £180 on the Fluid 2, just need to dither a little while longer if anyone else has any thoughts. Noise isn't a massive issue as long as I can hear the TV :smile:

@jay clock is it stable on carpet, a wobbly feeling is why I've never been keen on TTs before!

jay clock

Massive member
Evans will match at £180 on the Fluid 2, just need to dither a little while longer if anyone else has any thoughts. Noise isn't a massive issue as long as I can hear the TV :smile:

@jay clock is it stable on carpet, a wobbly feeling is why I've never been keen on TTs before!
rock solid on carpet or solid floor. Mine a few years old but fundamentally the same. At club turbo session I do I am ways set up in about a quarter of the time of anyone else, and it doesn't have one of those ludicrous cables to adjust tension. Just preset tension at the back and then use the gears

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Halfords have the Fluid 2 back in stock so I've ordered one click and collect and will use my BC membership to get 10% off :smile:

I'll get the riser block from Evans as I have a Tesco voucher :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I know you said you don't want a smart trainer, but can I bee cheeky enough to ask why? I certainly found that moving to smart trainer revolutionised my training, certainly on the boredom side.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I know you said you don't want a smart trainer, but can I bee cheeky enough to ask why? I certainly found that moving to smart trainer revolutionised my training, certainly on the boredom side.
Because I can't bear anything that is competitive and/or even vaguely resembles a video game

I will use it to catch up on TV and get me off the sofa, as I have done with the exercise bike. A TT is just less space hungry and I have a carbon roadbike I've not ridden for 18 months!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't forget at least one fan to keep you cool. I need two even in the cold garage.

stumpy66

Veteran
You'll b surprised, even on my easier sessions I still need a fan, just enough to keep the air moving past me or to dry my hands off in front of it occasionally

Top Bottom