FNRttC FNRtC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

I should say that I'm not going to keep a list on this one.
Doubtless with good reason.
Might it be a good idea, however, to keep an idea of numbers just to forewarn The Captain's Table in Newhaven? - even though they managed a sterling effort in the face of adversity last year.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Ah but Teef, when she does, I will say "
Mes cuisses sont grandes, 64cms grandes!"...

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I have two questions regarding accomodation. Where in Paris are most of you guys staying? And Simon, are you going to spend a night at the lovely place in Saint-Saen ? If there is any room left, I'd like to join you there...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Saint-Saen - I've e-mailed them with your name and ours

Paris - looking at Hotel Castex http://www.castexhotel.com/en/ . Unspeakable furniture (but, hey, it's France, the nation that gave us Roche Bobois) but they have a courtyard for bikes. Which is not great, but it's not easy finding anywhere that will take bikes in Paris. It being the home of the Tour de France and all.........

There's also Hotel Regence but the wallpaper is unspeakable - divorce-inducing.

Saint-Saen - I've e-mailed them with your name and ours

Paris - looking at Hotel Castex http://www.castexhotel.com/en/ . Unspeakable furniture (but, hey, it's France, the nation that gave us Roche Bobois) but they have a courtyard for bikes. Which is not great, but it's not easy finding anywhere that will take bikes in Paris. It being the home of the Tour de France and all.........

There's also Hotel Regence but the wallpaper is unspeakable - divorce-inducing.
Go to an Etap then - there's no wallpaper! "All the world's a Etap" Actually, in Paris, there is an Etap right opposite my favourite restaurant.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Go to an Etap then - there's no wallpaper! "All the world's a Etap" Actually, in Paris, there is an Etap right opposite my favourite restaurant.
People actually go outside the Peripherique in Paris? I thought that was the Badlands?

Michaelt

Hi, I have been redirected here from my thread in another forum, thread. I have read through this one and it seems that it is a group of fellow CCers off on a jolly?

In my thread I was coming from the charity ride angle, which is the best route, who is the best trip organiser etc. But if they CC jolly is cheaper and a better route and quicker then I would be more interested in that definitely!

Could someone explain how it works for me?

Thanks

Michael

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hi Michael in the other thread you appear to be planning on riding London to Dover. This ride is London to Newhaven then ferry on to Dieppe with some carrying on to Paris.

For the ride itself see the Friday Night Ride to the Coast website which gives basic info on what is required, what is expected of your bike etc.

Once we get to Newhaven, if you want to go further you'll need to sort out tickets etc yourself. I'm not sure if there are still ferry tickets available but a quick search on t'internet should let you know. I've got a ferry ticket and then I'm booked in the Etap in Dieppe for two nights. Others are cycling to Paris and staying in various places mentioned in this thread.

If you don't want to go to France then there is a trip to a pub in Newhaven (and if last year is anything to go by, a further pub in Brighton) that's an enjoyable experience.

Hope this helps

Hi, I have been redirected here from my thread in another forum, thread. I have read through this one and it seems that it is a group of fellow CCers off on a jolly?

In my thread I was coming from the charity ride angle, which is the best route, who is the best trip organiser etc. But if they CC jolly is cheaper and a better route and quicker then I would be more interested in that definitely!

Could someone explain how it works for me?

Thanks

Michael
Firstly, don't trust anyone on this forum to redirect you to the right place, Michael! Secondly, take a look at the Bibleblog of riding knights, and then buy a Colnago. "You're on your way!" :smile:
(I'm sure someone sensible will be along in a moment...sorry).

Edit: Too late for me - one of the house Martins has already stooped in to post sensible (comparatively) things.

Top Bottom