FNRttC FNRtC to Newhaven, Dieppe and Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
If you are going all the way to Paris - it breaks down into:

Thursday Midnight: Leave HPC, London for Newhaven ~60 miles
Friday ~8am: Breakfast Newhaven
Friday ~10am: Ferry to Dieppe
Friday ~3pm: Dieppe to Saint-Sean ~25 miles
Saturday ~early: Leave Saint-Sean for Paris ~85 miles
Saturday ~4pm: Arrive Paris
Saturday late: Eat, drink and be merry
Sunday: Eurostar to London or SNCF back to Dieppe & evening ferry, your choice.

Last year's was great fun even including the odd shower. That is till we share Teef's wine bill ... :whistle:

Ferry, train tickets and a night's accommodation in Saint-Sean and Paris down to you. I paid £35 return for ferry. Eurostar is expensive and has bike issues. SNCF is much cheaper and easier and buy on the day. Rooms in Saint-Sean are from 55 euro. DZ is still investigating best Parisian options.

Otherwise standard FNRttC (no charge for ride, £2 sub plus CTC affiliate or full membership for insurance)

If you are interested you do need to PM to discuss with DZ/Simon first but be quick, the ferry has sold out of bike places 2 years running..

ianmac62

Guru
I have booked self and bicycle on ferry on Friday morning, two nights at Etap Dieppe Centre, then self and bike on Sunday's 0630 Dieppe-Newhaven ferry.

Looking forward to good company from HPC onwards. Saturday in Dieppe could be a bike ride into Normandy countryside, or along Normandy coastline, or whatever chilled-out people in the Etap suggest.

All looks good!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I have booked self and bicycle on ferry on Friday morning, two nights at Etap Dieppe Centre, then self and bike on Sunday's 0630 Dieppe-Newhaven ferry.

Looking forward to good company from HPC onwards. Saturday in Dieppe could be a bike ride into Normandy countryside, or along Normandy coastline, or whatever chilled-out people in the Etap suggest.

All looks good!
There's me and Davywalnuts in the Etap in Dieppe as far as I know. Saturday is a choice between going for a bit of a bike ride or getting bladdered in a bar watching the Tour :thumbsup:

There's me and Davywalnuts in the Etap in Dieppe as far as I know. Saturday is a choice between going for a bit of a bike ride or getting bladdered in a bar watching the Tour :thumbsup:
You and Davy...in a bar...speaking another language? It's going to be like a surreal episode of The Krankies. Go for the beers I say!
Anyway, Davy will have a change of heart, as Parisiens will relish an 'Eiffel of them thighs' - relaxed or not. Davy is the only bloke I know who can't put cuisses in his trousers.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster

Separate rooms, I might add....

And a cycle then getting bladdered in lycra and stumbling around going Oui Oui, grand vin rouge merci is obligatory.. as I am not bringng any general clothing, just lycra.. spandex... chains.. etc...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
You and Davy...in a bar...speaking another language? It's going to be like a surreal episode of The Krankies. Go for the beers I say!
Anyway, Davy will have a change of heart, as Parisiens will relish an 'Eiffel of them thighs' - relaxed or not. Davy is the only bloke I know who can't put cuisses in his trousers.

:eek:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Separate rooms, I might add....

And a cycle then getting bladdered in lycra and stumbling around going Oui Oui, grand vin rouge merci is obligatory.. as I am not bringng any general clothing, just lycra.. spandex... chains.. etc...
Oh we're going cycling before the grand vin rouge then are we? Damn.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life

Thanks, looks like a splendid place. I just booked a room for me and the French Michael.

Katharina is going to come to Paris as well (by train, though, but she'll bring her Brommi with her...), we'll stay at a place she organised via AirB&B and go back to London on Monday.

Top Bottom