FNRttC FNRttC 3rd July to Brighton - the 'Genteel' ride 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sig SilverPrinter

I had a fantastic time .The omens were good..on approaching romford station the bottle that was thrown at me missed,the crazy guy in the station shouting into his mobile that he was gonna come round there and sort him out that nobody took the p*ss ot of him and got away with it ..went to a different platform..then whilst waiting for chris at l'pool st I saw a man with a ferret on his shoulder all in all a good start to the evening and it got better and better.
I made it up THAT hill and I actually look like I'm smiling in Clives photo and yes RichP there are a few of us Essex girls who are ok:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Sig SilverPrinter said:
I had a fantastic time .The omens were good..on approaching romford station the bottle that was thrown at me missed,the crazy guy in the station shouting into his mobile that he was gonna come round there and sort him out that nobody took the p*ss ot of him and got away with it ..went to a different platform..then whilst waiting for chris at l'pool st I saw a man with a ferret on his shoulder all in all a good start to the evening and it got better and better.
I made it up THAT hill and I actually look like I'm smiling in Clives photo and yes RichP there are a few of us Essex girls who are ok:biggrin:

Ah, Mouseketeer status beckons. Dunn run next year then? :tongue:

Sig SilverPrinter said:

You're always smiling!
Just because your daughter's egg and spoon race was cancelled due to health and safety objections you came along all moody...but it soon wore off! ;)
And you are a hill climber - and photographer. Pity the ferret didn't get into shot though, or the weasel on the phone.:blush:
Next time eh Sig? :smile:

Translation:
It's a shame we cannot share, in images, that part of your journey to the FNRttC that you describe. It was a complicated set of events that meant your week was disrupted, not least the children's sports day fiasco. (I will not go into the Durst enlarger power pack failures for fear of distancing 'butterfly man' and others further) - suffice to say your week was not the most straightforward but then you made it up the hills! Always a good natured member of the troupe, always there plugging away like the rest of us, Sig is a 'good egg'. (No spoon this time for fear of confusing people).
Look forward to meeting you on some other cycling occasion I hope.

Translation ends.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aperitif said:
You're always smiling!
Just because your daughter's egg and spoon race was cancelled due to health and safety objections you came along all moody...but it soon wore off! xx(
And you are a hill climber - and photographer. Pity the feret didn't get into shot though, or the weasel on the phone.xx(
Next time eh Sig? :smile:

I can only guess that this lot makes sense in your head Teef, I have an easier time interpreting Yenrod:evil:

ChrisKH

Guru
MacBludgeon said:
I can only guess that this lot makes sense in your head Teef, I have an easier time interpreting Yenrod:evil:

It helps if you read it with an English accent. xx( (I haven't got a clue either. Apart from the Egg and Spoon gubbins).

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Aperitif said:
To be expected. It was an endorphthepier show after all.

Christ, I nearly missed that one ;). I really must spend more time on CycleChat. Can we have a Teef Pun Alert, as well as the bold for new posts and flashing icons for hot topics?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Aperitif said:
Pre-raphaelite beauty - not shy!
Ride leader Simon, the latter-day Rossetti of Pre-Talcalites, enticed with his 'accomplishments' and has now captured your imaginations.
Soon the romance of the next FNRttC will give way to the dependency...

...the Friday Night Ride to the Coast. Like crack, but it involves bicycles and stars. And the seaside. And you do it with friends...

Quit pro quo. ;)

Blimey. I'm starting to worry about ending up floating down a stream to a picturesque and untimely death. Do you think he pushes laudanum as well? Crack's a bit... well... ungenteel.

Top Bottom