FNRttC FNRttC 7th August to Felpham near Bognor Regis 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike e

If a copy of this newspaper could wing it's way to Hull it would be much appreciated, it's not everyday I make the news!

mike e said:
If a copy of this newspaper could wing it's way to Hull it would be much appreciated, it's not everyday I make the news!
Blag the original snaps from the newspaper + a copy signed by the photographer etc, perhaps mikee? Email them back a triumphant Cenotaphtic picture and they'll probably print you again! (Better than writing about cats called Reg/Woody* - or whatever it's name was...;) )

* Edit: 'Dave'

coruskate said:
Yeah, flipping lightweight.

There have been races I have been better prepared for, and I did struggle rather. Still, didn't throw up at any point (though sticking with the front pack for more than two laps, I was on the way to) and came fifth, so could have been worse.

How did I miss this first time around?:tongue:

Well done Dan - sure looked hot out there!

BigSteev

Wow! I've not had my picture in a paper since the Guardian back in about 1983 (jumping the old BMX). Don't suppose there's another copy going spare?

matthew

dellzeqq said:
It's one that Matthew had smuggled on to the ride.

I had it because I wanted to be prepared to ride home.

I only had to get it out because people started to get confused about the route. Memories must have been disturbed by the vibrations on the flint path.

mangaman

Aperitif said:
I'll ask Steev - should be able to get some...maybe PM mangaman too?

I only had the one I'm afraid.

It was a good article for such a small time paper I thought.

Well written (they even used the word peloton) and not portraying you all as "nutty eccentric cyclists" which is one stereotype they could have used, but as a group of people doing something unusual, healthy, having fun and helping the local economy.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Well, I went by the Boat House today. They were pretty chipper about the whole thing. They had a copy of the newspaper under the front counter, and it looked well read. They thought we were a nice bunch of folk, and would very much like us to come back next year. Isn't that nice to hear?

And, yes, the article was great.

Top Bottom