FNRttC FNRttC 7th August to Felpham near Bognor Regis 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Classic MacB

3816655292_f0d71f3417_o.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Radius said:
Classic MacB

3816655292_f0d71f3417_o.jpg

the more discerning amongst us will realise that this is a direct result of a conversation with Radius:biggrin:

mangaman

Did you guys know you are famous now down here

There's a full page article with piccs and everything in the Bognor Journal and Guardian (essential reading every week - and that's guaranteed).

The cafe manager, Mary Wilcox, seemed to have enjoyed having you.

Organiser Simon Legg said "People have really welcomed us here. We will definitely be back next year" - hope you haven't been misquoted Dell

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
mangaman said:
Did you guys know you are famous now down here

There's a full page article with piccs and everything in the Bognor Journal and Guardian (essential reading every week - and that's guaranteed).

The cafe manager, Mary Wilcox, seemed to have enjoyed having you.

Organiser Simon Legg said "People have really welcomed us here. We will definitely be back next year" - hope you haven't been misquoted Dell
that's what I said. Any chance of you putting a copy by for me?

Jasper the Surrea

It is a local freebie. I will try and get one. They deliver it down one side of our road, get to the re-cycling bins and dump the rest. We have not had one for ages. Many years ago Mrs Surreal was the editor.

mangaman

dellzeqq said:
that's what I said. Any chance of you putting a copy by for me?

I've got a copy if you want to PM your address I'll wing it your way.

quite a good article actually - "positive spin on cycling in local rag shocker"

mangaman

Jasper the Surrea said:
It is a local freebie. I will try and get one. They deliver it down one side of our road, get to the re-cycling bins and dump the rest. We have not had one for ages. Many years ago Mrs Surreal was the editor.

Where are you based Jasper -I live in Chichester and saw a copy of this while I was picking up a Chinese takeaway for some mates!

I've never heard of it before - I assume it's part of the Chichester Observer grp

PS edit - just noticed your last line - it must have been great when Mrs Surreal editted it. Did she introduce Salvador Dali-like touches? ;)

The concept of a crap local freesheet being a bit surreal is great - bit like the Framley Examiner

Jasper the Surrea

I am down in Bognor. We lived in Selsey when Mrs Surreal was editor. She commissioned a column from me which ran for a while about life on the Manhood peninsular. You could file that under surreal.

mangaman

Jasper the Surrea said:
I am down in Bognor. We lived in Selsey when Mrs Surreal was editor. She commissioned a column from me which ran for a while about life on the Manhood peninsular. You could file that under surreal.

I like Selsey - lots of small independent shops and somehow maintains it's personality even in the Summer. Obviously Fnaar would appreciate a column on the Manhood peninsula.:smile:

It's an interesting area too - I bet your column was interesting (I'm afraid I missed it!)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Tynan said:
frankly I'm shocked and distressed at the one of Simon looking at a map
It's one that Matthew had smuggled on to the ride.

Here, with thanks to Mangaman, is the write-up in the Bognor paper...
bognorwriteup.jpg

this might be a bit easier to read
bognorwriteupzoom.jpg

Top Bottom