FNRttC FNRttC 7th August to Felpham near Bognor Regis 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
MacBludgeon said:
is this rule in the same section as no-one hares towards oncoming traffic playing a game of chicken?
that's not racing. And anyway, there was no way the bugger was going to slow down, let alone take to the verge.

mike e said:
I can confirm that the fastest Friday Nighter's I've met so far are ILB and Radius.

I can also confirm I am not willing to state which of the two is the fastest, a lenghty debate has already taken place.

I have only been on one ride (Southend in April) with Davy and he seems quite a character, I seem to remember he was sporting some sort of unusual helmet cover.

If you added in Will1985, definitely benborp, coruskate and and one or two 'seasoned' (I don't mean as in salt and pepper (paprika?) hairdos necessarily :girl:) riders, the rest of us could keep warm in the backdraught...

Origamist

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
If you added in Will1985, definitely benborp, coruskate and and one or two 'seasoned' (I don't mean as in salt and pepper (paprika?) hairdos necessarily :biggrin:) riders, the rest of us could keep warm in the backdraught...

Aperitif is no slouch himself...

BigSteev

theclaud said:
Steve almost convinced Andrea to take up skating - presumably in order to dep for him while he sleeps through Marathons...

Damn fine idea. Now there's this one coming up shortly in Berlin that I quite fancy snoozing/boozing through :biggrin:

dellzeqq said:
to be serious. Nobody races downhill on an FNRttC.

No, shame that - I'm keen to break the 50mph barrier soon.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
BigSteev said:
Damn fine idea. Now there's this one coming up shortly in Berlin that I quite fancy snoozing/boozing through :biggrin:

[/i]

No, shame that - I'm keen to break the 50mph barrier soon.

Ive been told am not allowed.... :biggrin:

Radius

SHREDDER
Aperitif said:
You are having as much trouble keeping up with this thread, Jack,as you were with Andy on the rocket ride home! :biggrin:

Watch it you. You may be huge, but I'm nimble. I could attack when you least expect it...

Origamist said:
Aperitif is no slouch himself...

Exactly! I'd like to see him try at some point :biggrin:

mike e

Davywalnuts said:
Mike, was it that long ago? Yikes! I cant remember if that was my fluro helmet cover or my 7 backups on it?

It was certainly a distinct look, you'd have had to be mightly unlucky to be knocked off your bike by someone who didn't notice you:biggrin:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
As ever some really nice snaps from Павел. I particularly like the one of the sunrise.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27747819@N06/3816641462/

Hi

I just uploaded some photos to
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27747819@N06
I have more photos!
If anybody wants original size or more photos of themselves i can send them.
Many thanks
Павел

mike e

Hello everyone, I'm feeling great now and need ideas for my next big ride. On the other hand I may just stick to more traditional rides from now on. I am on a recruitement drive for the Friday night rides and trying to interest some more northern folk, this will enable everyone to converse with a broader range of people from up ere, other than the looney from Hull, which will come in handy for next years FNRttC Northern Special. You'll be able to ask about the colder climate we experience (handy for bringing the right kit), how to order tea and cakes but with the correct accent so they understand what your saying. There'll be a lot of "ey up", whippets and flat caps but with a little help the majority of you will not blend in at all;)

As part of my plan I need to entice them with stirring images and some of the best were on the Whitstable ride last year a la Pavel, but for the life of me I cannot find them now. Help please, I know there in here somewhere???????

Try the hallowed turf of yacf mikee - although when I tried to click, del's link came up as an error404 and Pavel's (of last year) came up as our latest ride to Bognor. (Maybe just show your whippet racers those and keep saying "Whitstable"...it might fool them! ;)

Top Bottom