FNRttC FNRttC 7th August to Felpham near Bognor Regis 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Felpham? That's where Blake lived, innit? Will there be a rousing chorus of 'Jerusalem' on the final descent?

Origamist

Legendary Member
Landscape near Felpham circa 1800 William Blake Tate
3693546971_6b3db6556b_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2657/3693546971_6b3db6556b_o.jpg

theclaud said:
Felpham? That's where Blake lived, innit? Will there be a rousing chorus of 'Jerusalem' on the final descent?

Must remember to check my Blakes before attempting this ride. I might use the bike with the paradigm shifters too...

"I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's FNRttC"

:laugh:

Tynan

Veteran
flat like Dunwich, gawd there were some hills near the end

haven't checked the home calendar but would like to do the provisional thing

happy to keep the tecs company if not actually help without anything useful and I am genuinely qualified now to wayfind or whatever that's called

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
So how do these things work? Do trains run back from these places or do people cycle back? I didn't realise until reading up on the last one that people outside London attended, in which case I might come along to one.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
theclaud said:
no descent (it being as flat as a flat thing), but we do pass his house. And, yes!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
marinyork said:
So how do these things work? Do trains run back from these places or do people cycle back? I didn't realise until reading up on the last one that people outside London attended, in which case I might come along to one.
people do go back by train. Some ride back to London.

Mike E comes down from Hull on a regular basis, and I think he gets a decent fare by booking well ahead.

marinyork said:

Come marin - it's fun with a Capital alphabetti of character. I hope dellzeqq does not mind me giving the details, but write to fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk and that will give you some idea of what it is about. (OK - 2.65% of what it's all about :laugh: - the rest we make up, as you may deduce!)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Wheeledweenie said:
Hmmmm, is this flattish in the same way that Turner's Hill was described as a 'short and slight incline' on the July ride?
Listen. Get over it. You believed it at the time, and that's what mattered. You're not the first, and certainly not the last to be taken in by that kind of crap. Ask Notsototalnewbie. And there's otherwise sane people hanging on the meteorological prognostications of my cat.

And I never said slight. Did I? (If I did, then that was naughty. Apologies)

beatleandrew

I haven't done one of these rides before but I'd be keen to try this one.

Is the off-road section of this route very long? I'll be on a road bike which could be a bit upset with me if I direct it over ground that's not to its liking.

How many people tend to ride back to London afterwards and what kind of pace do they make?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Turners Hill more or less does what it says on the can, innit? Dell's a natural salesman and a wonder worker with the written word and rides with the closest ratio cassette I've ever seen and never seems to change gear. I don't think mere hills register in his consciousness. He is not as other people are.

btw Have just discovered that the Medway, beloved of the Whitstable Wobblers branch of FNRttC, rises at Butchers Field Turners Hill. I feel a down and up the Medway expedition coming on.

Top Bottom