FNRttC FNRttC 7th August to Felpham near Bognor Regis 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
So we have Turner's Hill on one ride, Blake's House on another, which ride goes past Hockney's Garden?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
User3143 said:
We came back that way from Whitstable, and yes it is lumpy.

To quote me to Aperitif when we were cycling up Shooters Hill in London...

''This has got to be the most ball busting return journey of any ride I have done in a long time(and believe me I meant it).''

My will to return from Whitstable evaporated as I passed 200km and edenbridge railway station hove into view, I turned right out of the medway valley way too soon and got into some lumpy stuff myself. fair knocked the stuffing from me.

To misquote you I think i said to my MTB buddies on the sunday "'That had to be the most ball busting return journey of any ride I have done.'' though it may have come out as "fecking awful"

TarteTatin

Having been bitten by the FNRttC bug last weekend, this looks a wonderful ride! How much less 'genteel' will this one be, in comparison to the FNRttC to Brighton, i.e. is it still feasible for a beginner?

TimO

Guru
I just thought; "Hmm, I'd better see if there's a thread for the August FNRttC yet..."

You're up to four pages already.
shocked3.gif

Anyway, put me down for this one, it sounds like fun, as FNRttCs always are.
biggrinbounce.gif

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aperitif said:
What are we up for now? I'm posting all over the place and have completely lost track...

well, that's to be decided several times between now and the off. Possibles are:-

do night ride and train home - unlikely

do night ride and return - highly likely

Direction, quality and makeup of the return is up for grabs. I can say that heading straight North will take you Chichester, Midhurst, Haslemere, Hindhead, Aldershot and, coincidentally, Farnborough. This is about 45 miles of your finest riding from Felpham and leaves 20ish miles to Staines and about 36 miles back to HPC. I need to decide if I want to brutalise myself again in the region of Haslemere, I probably will. however I hope that I get a bit more sleep in the week preceding this ride.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
TarteTatin said:
Having been bitten by the FNRttC bug last weekend, this looks a wonderful ride! How much less 'genteel' will this one be, in comparison to the FNRttC to Brighton, i.e. is it still feasible for a beginner?

TarteTatin eh? That's a tasty username. You don't happen to be a dab hand with pastry, do you? :troll:

TimO

Guru
TarteTatin said:

I suspect whether it's suitable for you or not will depend on how you found the Brighton ride?

If you found it easy, then I doubt this ride will be significantly harder. It is slightly further, and will possibly be slightly faster, but I doubt it has any hills comparable to Ditchling, so overall any climbs should be easier on average.

On the other hand, if you were about to keel over when you arrived at the Madeira Cafe, then you may want to do some more practise before this ride!

TarteTatin

theclaud said:
TarteTatin eh? That's a tasty username. You don't happen to be a dab hand with pastry, do you? ;)

:angry: :troll:

I have been know to turn a mad apple into an art of a tart...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Tarte Tatin!

It's twelve miles longer, but quite a bit flatter. I think you'd make it without difficulty, although a stiff southerly wind would make it a tougher ride altogether. I'd suggest lightening the bike a lot. Rack, panniers, all that gubbins - off it. Simplify, simplify, simplify.........

theclaud

Openly Marxist
TarteTatin said:
;) :troll:

I have been know to turn a mad apple into an art of a tart...

I thought as much. How about a prune and armagnac one for the next FNRttC? It is Stu's birthday, after all...

TarteTatin

dellzeqq said:
Tarte Tatin!

It's twelve miles longer, but quite a bit flatter. I think you'd make it without difficulty, although a stiff southerly wind would make it a tougher ride altogether. I'd suggest lightening the bike a lot. Rack, panniers, all that gubbins - off it. Simplify, simplify, simplify.........

Good advice! Will try and lighten up!

Top Bottom