FNRttC FNRttC 7th August to Felpham near Bognor Regis 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Aperitif said:
In a 'cruddy hat' competition it would be a close call between the two of them... ;)

Excuse me, mine's Rapha.

Sittingduck said:
And going up hill?
stir.gif

:blush:

Yes.

mike e

Radius definately one up on the hat front, ILB only has a Campy hat:biggrin:

It's the attention to detail that matters.

iLB

Hello there
well i asked radius to take part in the 10.4 mile tt in richmond park on the 23rd august, but somewhat conveniently, he is on holiday in italy that day- and will be a DNS ;)

as for my awesome hat, stand by to see me sporting a pink one a la hand bag (?) next time...

TwoTired

dellzeqq said:
after touching 100m above sea level for the first and only time just above Leatherhead

Now I know why I was asked to lead from Rykas to Faygate (albeit in Plaza-Toro style). My legs were convinced are the highpoints are the centre of Rusper and the A24 at the Blackbrook turning. They know nothing.

Whilst the flinties were having fun, the genteel stileys spent a hour of photographing one another, shopping, sightseeing in Arundel etc and then complained about the steepness of the High Street.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Sittingduck mentally prepares himself for the ride ahead:

3801728824_f56d5ce3d2.jpg

Bertie and Lance studiously ignore one another at the start:

3800924781_2fd91be449.jpg

Happy faces at the Faygate cafe:

3801764556_792d9c7645.jpg

Waiting at the Pickety cottages:

3801803576_0ce33ea310.jpg

Des ascends col de Amberley:

3801877510_06f0433da3.jpg

A speedy Brompton rider admires Steve's XXXL Lampre jersey:

3801851188_220837b0a6.jpg

Jasper ponders:

3801127673_e37cff0f69.jpg

Amberley at first light:

3802992815_57b2b2a2dc.jpg

Mock heroic portrait:

3801204375_ec83b34220.jpg

Clive crouches post-flint path:

3801996824_28175bde9a.jpg

Never knowingly under prepared:

3802074224_b23a379900.jpg

The Downs:

3803009587_cb6e6b8350.jpg

MacB poses for the camera:

3803882246_e2b336d794.jpg

Arundel in the distance:

3801428155_c2d96ff096.jpg

Beach cafe:

3803963952_0c0c1f6d17.jpg

Clive was looking for a spot to fall over!
Nice pics O - did recognise you yesterday, even if the others were sketchy in their acknowledgement. I was ready to stop for a chat but you saw the rapidity of the peloton I'm sure!
;)

Origamist

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
Nice pics O - did recognise you yesterday, even if the others were sketchy in their acknowledgement. I was ready to stop for a chat but you saw the rapidity of the peloton I'm sure!
;)

Indeed - I had to do a double-take as I thought it was a Columbia HTC training ride!

clivedb

Guru
Aperitif said:

Ha, bloody ha! Sorry about your handlebars, Teef - very dramatic photos.

I was really looking forward to this ride and my anticipation was well rewarded. The southern stage of the ride holds part of my past, my parents were married in West Chiltington, I went to school in Bognor, and as a child we often swam at Middleton. I also lived in Amberley as an infant - Simon told me there wasn't time to detour down to the castle - he was under the momentary misapprehension that I lived in the castle; it was in fact in Rock Cottage - more a serf's hovel built into the walls of the castle.

Truly it was a great ride with a glorious transition into daylight. Thanks, yet again, Simon and the team. Thanks too to all the posts and photos here. It is a lot of fun reading about other people's experiences.

picture.php

I have posted some other photos - apologies for any wrong or non-identifications:

http://cyclechat.co.uk/forums/album.php?albumid=142

mike e

Wow, just looked at the photo's and I look like s**t!!

You could dig people up who would look more human:biggrin:

BigSteev

theclaud said:
but I have been alerted to the fact that what was intended as a straightforward portrait of Big Steve is an accidental masterpiece of ambiguity in composition, in the manner of Las Meninas. No really. The FNRttC is a highbrow affair...

Hmmm, I'm not sure it should be compared with Velazquez but then what would a Philistine like myself know. I just thought I was missing an angel from my right shoulder.

Top Bottom