FNRttC FNRttC - All aboard for Shoreham on 12th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Boo and hiss, chaps!

kimble

Veteran
One interesting statistic is that out of the over 1,000 on our mailing list, less than 30% actually open the email. And only 4% click through to the web page for info and the registration form. And that's always the case. Although from a direct marketing point of view, a 4% clickthrough is actually a very high number. Plus there a number of keen types who must regularly refresh the web page, waiting for the registration link to go live, and not bother waiting for the email.

Take that 30% figure with a decent pinch of salt. Anyone with a sufficiently minimal or configured-for-privacy mail client won't do anything that you'll be able to track (like load an image from the Web) when they read the message. Obviously I click through when signing up for rides, but wouldn't otherwise, as the pertinent information about the ride that, for whatever reason (usually a date clash), I'm not going to sign up for is (sensibly and conveniently) in the email I've just read...

mmmmartin

Random geezer
This is set to be an absolutely cracking end to the season: warm and dry and an excellent halfway stop with the scouts plus the superb breakfast in the airport at the end. I sort of regret going to Spain, I could have flown out a few days later and fitted the ride in - but i was fretting about the weather in northern spain in late October.
(Last time I was in Galicia in October with @ianmac62 we enjoyed winds, sleet, heavy rain and hypothermia. :cold:)

So - enjoy, and I hope to see you on the next ride - probs a social Christmas one but that's not been decided yet. (And as @Trickedem is now Chief Steward after I handed the club over, I expect you'll see some improvements.)

mmmmartin

Random geezer
45 names so far. Looks like a very sociable evening.

hatler

Guru
Sorry all, there's a little too much going on in too many areas of my life to be able to do this one. School governing and an ageing parent are making unusually large demands on my time.

Top Bottom