FNRttC FNRttC - All aboard for Shoreham on 12th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
I now need to work Saturday morning so unfortunately Gail & I are out.
Shame! Cruel bosses.

Total of 39 riders now.

cant make tonight but do have a great time and enjoy breakfast in unique surroundings; will be thinking of you at midnight and hoping the weather is kind.
fyi I am cycling from Whitstable saturday morning to Margate and sunday morning margate to dover...
see you soon

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Shame you had to cancel Rog. There's always another night...
There are two southbound rides tonight- Hummers et al are doing the annual London-Pompey.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Bizarrely, although it was a bit gusty in London, it didn't feel particularly windy. So it all went a bit fast (sorry folks).

More details to follow.
IMG_20181013_100932407.jpg

StuartG

slower but further
What a night! But the TECs will have to take responsibility for not inventing some fake mechs to this perfect ride to slow us down a bit. It must be the first time in living memory that the FNRttC has arrived at BOTH destinations well ahead of schedule. Kudos to both catering crews rising to the challenge and getting food to where it was needed so quickly.

The Ediface will always have a place in my heart as the perfect half way stop that has set the standard for our others to match (and yes @Trickedem - you have). @GrumpyGregry decribed our airport drinks stewardess rightly as a national treasure (not sure which nation) so I will gloss over their continued failure to ramekin the baked beans. Will we have to return to Ramsgate?

Finally and more seriously - thanks to @Flying Dodo for his flawless navigation. I really liked the Hackbridge deviation and the Newells Lane down from the A281 to Partridge Green is up there with Lonesome and Slugwash Lanes as one of the most atmospheric night experiences. Thank you for finding them for us and helping to show the FNRttC should not rest on its laurels but keep innovating new routes and refining old ones.

Oh, did I mention the weather? I'm guessing the ride was coming close to being cancelled last week with the appalling weather forecasts. Instead we got one of the warmest nights ever. And it wasn't even summer!

Last edited:
Top Bottom