FNRttC FNRttC Christmas Ride " Reach for the Stars' Monday 28th December 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
To celebrate another wonderful year of adventures on two wheels and a chance to share the joys of Christmas with friends and family The Fridays will be holding their now traditional Christmas Ride.

The theme for this year ride is a journey through history and the evolution of high rise structures in London. Like all the previous rides we will brave the hours of daylight for a gentle pootle of not more than 10 miles before we find ourselves at All Bar One at Shad Thames SE1.

Please meet at Hyde Park Corner from 11.30am for a noon departure on Monday 28th December 2015. We should be at All Bar One by 3pm if you would prefer to meet us there.

Friends and family are very welcome and this is a brilliant way to introduce the wonders of The Fridays before we commence our rides in March 2016 with the opening ride to Southend. For more info please visit www.fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.com for more information. Where you can also find details of joining or renewing your membership to The Fridays for a mere £2.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 28th.

PS if travelling by train please check timetables due to extensive engineering works.

hatler

Guru
The hatlers are strong possibles for this one.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
For anyone who might get a bit of bus replacement as part of the deal, I have two words; Boris Bike.
And I have one word: Brompton.

I think we might be there - though you're confusing me by having the ride on a Monday, not the traditional Saturday.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I would love to come, but engineering works and train-replacement buses make it such a long, complicated, and expensive business that I won't be there I'm afraid.
Unlike. Bus replacements are a PITA. Network Rail's favourite on the Pompey-Waterloo line is work somewhere in the middle- so train-bus-train again & no bike possible (buses are supposed to take folders- not tried in practice, have a feeling I'd get short thrift). Three weeks back out a night out in London required riding the Honda up to Guildford (which actually worked out very well, back nearly as fast as an actual train service would have been).

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
It would be possible to train to Three Bridges, cycle to East Grinstead, pick up the train again. But I wouldn't be wanting to do it in reverse in the middle of the night after a long boozy late afternoon/evening. I could book a hotel or B&B somewhere, but then the cost starts to outweigh a 10-mile bike ride and a few beers with friends, delightful though they all are. Oh well.
Entirely understandable!

I will have a "spare" Brompton in my office, if anyone can't bring a bike up to town with them because of blasted bus replacement services and needs to borrow a bike for the ride. They'd need to be ::cough:: capable of pedalling from Shad Thames back to Soho afterwards though, as I don't think I can manage 2 bikes on the day.

StuartG

slower but further
I will have a "spare" Brompton in my office, if anyone can't bring a bike up to town with them because of blasted bus replacement services and needs to borrow a bike for the ride. They'd need to be ::cough:: capable of pedalling from Shad Thames back to Soho afterwards though, as I don't think I can manage 2 bikes on the day.
And if this has already been spoken for then Brompton Dock will do you one for £6 (£1 to join, £5 hire). You can take a Brompton into All Bar One to add the the usual fine parade, but not a Kenneth Velocipede. Available at East Croydon Station and other fine locations.

Top Bottom