FNRttC FNRttC Christmas Ride " Reach for the Stars' Monday 28th December 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
Given that this is billed as a ride for friends and family, does that mean there is no requirement for CTC membership ?

I'd agree, as it's not a formal ride.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
For those with rail bus considerations Brompton Bike Hire have a new dock outside the Design Museum on Shad Thames and 50m from All Bar One...

www.bromptonbikehire.com

The Design Museum isn't shown on the site but will be there for the duration of the Cycle Revolution Exhibition.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Stars_Dec_28.png

Tim Hall

I can't find a dock at East Croydon on the website either, I think it's not available yet?
There's one at Redhill. You could leap off, grab a brommie and leap on the next train. I thought there was one at Three Bridges, which would have made the whole thing simpler as i could have met you on the train, brommie in hand, but I can't see one on the website.

Tim Hall

Ah.
Does the train stop at Redhill? I'm a bit confused about where it goes, given the replacement bus from Three Bridges thing.
Good point, well made. I'd imagine it does, to allow for passengers travelling to intermediate stops but I admit I haven't studied the replacement bus thing closely, if at all. Tuits permitting, I'll nip down to Three Bridges station later and count the Brompton Docks.

Tim Hall

Looking at it in a bit more detail, it seems the bus option from Three Bridges tootles of eastwards to East Grinstead, where you catch a fast (ECR and CLJ) to Victoria (arrival 1114). Other, differently timed, trains go west from Three Bridges to Horsham and then take a languid route via Dorking. Anyhow, I'm over complicating this. I'll bring my folder (which should adjust to TMN size) and I'll hire a Boris Bike in London.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
I have spoken to my contact and the glitch on their website should be sorted in the next 24hrs for those who want to hire Bromptons at /or Shad Thames, East Croydon and East Grinstead should be able to so my reserving a bike online

Top Bottom