FNRttC FNRttC Christmas Ride " Reach for the Stars' Monday 28th December 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Update: We may be 5 from Abingdon inc. Mrs FF .... blimey! We might even use the new Oxford Parkway to Marylebone line.
Or
Plan B: Drive to Westfield centre car park and ride the rest of the way ....

Reactions: srw

hatler

Guru
This is firmly inked in to the hatlers' calendar now and, benign weather permitting, we'll be there. There's also a strong chance some friends (a family of five) will be joining us, and I'm trying to persuade yet another family crowd to join us.

Tim Hall

I'm not getting very far with the hiring a Brompton thing! According to the website, although the Croydon Dock does now exist, the only dates in December when bikes are available are the 19th and 20th (and this seems to apply to every single dock in the country). I'm seriously unimpressed with the service so far :sad:.
@User13710 - any developments on this? My offer of a bendy bike still stands.

StuartG

slower but further
I'm not getting very far with the hiring a Brompton thing! According to the website, although the Croydon Dock does now exist, the only dates in December when bikes are available are the 19th and 20th (and this seems to apply to every single dock in the country). I'm seriously unimpressed with the service so far :sad:.
You can only make a reservation on the day or next day. This is explained on the website here which is why you saw those dates. Given that you can return anytime anywhere the dock can only allocate for the next day the bikes that are in its lockers at midnight unless they are returned or cancelled during the day.

So if your promise doesn't show up you should be able to grab one on the way.

HTH

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Email going out to all on the mailing list at 10am tomorrow morning to say the recce has been done and passed muster, and a damned fine ride it is, too.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Will we have a roll-call on here in the usual stylee?
Nope - there's no requirement for membership of The Fridays, or the CTC and no need to email us. Just turn up. We're hoping to encourage members to bring friends/neighbours/spouses/children/parents etc and asking for CTC membership for a ride of only about two or three hours seems a bit much. People might like us and then join both the club and the CTC, obvs, but we're hoping to encourage folk to make that important first step. But about 20 have already said they're in, and that's not including the family groups (two) who each constitute five riders. So when we "take the road" everyone else will know it.....

Reactions: srw

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Nope - there's no requirement for membership of The Fridays, or the CTC and no need to email us. Just turn up. We're hoping to encourage members to bring friends/neighbours/spouses/children/parents etc and asking for CTC membership for a ride of only about two or three hours seems a bit much. People might like us and then join both the club and the CTC, obvs, but we're hoping to encourage folk to make that important first step. But about 20 have already said they're in, and that's not including the family groups (two) who each constitute five riders. So when we "take the road" everyone else will know it.....
.... I meant so we can see who to expect to meet ....

Top Bottom