FNRttC FNRttC Christmas Ride " Reach for the Stars' Monday 28th December 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hatler

Guru
Adrian
Greenman
Foodie + Mrs FF, Peter G, Chris and Kerry D
The hatlers (four; Robbo, Lu, Joe & Izzy)
Hatler friends (five; Tim, Eva plus three children)
Possibly another family of four.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Some bloke on a Litespeed.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
StuAff
Snail Bait
Flying Dodo
Velovoice
Adrian
Redfalo
plus Katrina maybe
nigel182
robjh
Greenman
Foodie + Mrs FF, Peter G, Chris and Kerry D
The hatlers (four; Robbo, Lu, Joe & Izzy)
Hatler friends (five; Tim, Eva plus three children)
Possibly another family of four.
mmmartin
aka bob
three of the family Hall
malcolm spen...
orange brompton
possibly lawlor N
david Att.....
Mr & Mrs Clive (from normandy)
nick dar.....
tilman and his son - who are over from Hamburg on the bus specially for this ride (!)
possibly mike mor......
stuart G
eddie C
john stutt.....
SRW and RVW
martin saw.......
nick law..... (possibly, and possibly on a Boris Bike, to boot!)

plus others who have ben told they needn't bother to email and can just turn up. We're nothing if not inclusive.

there'll be Walkie-Talkie communication from the bloke at the back in the yellow gilet with lots of flashing rear lights and the bloke at the front, alas @Gordon P has found it necessary to go to Ethiopia to avoid being called Hinge (or Bracket).

Last edited:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
No thanks: because:
We have two and have discussed this and decided more than two would be confusing. They have only one function: the All-Upper telling the ride leader of any problems. The ride leaders need the walkie-talkie as they make decisions based on info from the back.

The only time we'd change that would be, for instance, when leading 21 people through the centre of Amsterdam in rush hour (@Gordon P knows how stressful that can be), when the ride leader would hand the walkie talkie to someone else and concentrate on navigation. The carrier of the walkie talkie then does ride management (allocating waymarkers, regrouping, etc).
We're getting there: no one else does what we do in such numbers and such circumstances (darkness, bad weather, foreign lands, large numbers etc) so there's no one to learn from. But we're just about on the ball now.)
But thanks for the offer.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
One more sleep - woooo!

rvw

Guru
It's looking more likely that I'll only be able to join at the pub - someone has to stay in to see a plumber following the unexpected deluge of water into our sitting room when the bath outflow came adrift...

@srw should however be there for the ride as well.

Blimey! It must be almost as long since I logged onto Cycle Chat and it describes me as a "Senior Member". Does that mean that I can post at two-thirds the cost of everyone else?

Top Bottom