FNRttC FNRttC Maldon May 24th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Is it possible to get a map of the route? It may be possible for me to join to as you head towards waltham abbey and save myself the headache of heading into central london for the starting point.

OP
OP
Nick Saddlesore

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
We don't give out a route in advance, not least because it may change on the fly. And only very exceptionally do we allow riders to join apart from at the official start - too much to go wrong.
For all - Tried and tested system: Come to the start so we know you're there, listen to the briefing (which may have stuff specific to that ride), then follow the leader and the Waymarkers to the destination.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
application gone in
I wonder if we will pick up a random stranger as we did last year?
I think he enjoyed his totally unexpected extended ride.
Hey, @bobcolover were you on the ride years ago when someone who's been sent out by his flatmates with a tenner to buy pizza in *Brixton* bumped into the ride, misheard the destination and followed the group for some time before he realised it was going to *Brighton*? By then it was too late. ¿Pedro? Might have been his name?

(Many Fridays rides have a bit of magic. Like that one to Southend where the water bottles froze. Oh and that one to Maldon where we rode toward the rising sun through silent Essex countryside. And the submarine on the Whitstable trip. The one where we rode alongside the river after arriving in Bordeaux. And arriving in John o Groats on LonJog. We'll forget that muddy Bognor one, please.)

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hey, @bobcolover were you on the ride years ago when someone who's been sent out by his flatmates with a tenner to buy pizza in *Brixton* bumped into the ride, misheard the destination and followed the group for some time before he realised it was going to *Brighton*? By then it was too late. ¿Pedro? Might have been his name?

(Many Fridays rides have a bit of magic. Like that one to Southend where the water bottles froze. Oh and that one to Maldon where we rode toward the rising sun through silent Essex countryside. And the submarine on the Whitstable trip. The one where we rode alongside the river after arriving in Bordeaux. And arriving in John o Groats on LonJog. We'll forget that muddy Bognor one, please.)
Pasquale....

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

The "12 miles to Wick" was not within my definition of a "bit of magic". ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I have tried to discourage my guests. All that has happened is that now we are visiting them in that lahndahn rather than them us in the country. And we are to go to the Music Hall, it seems, to see a certain Mr Ripley, who is, I understand, rather adroit.

hatler

Guru

I was !! The initial fateful exchange happened about 3' in front of me.

P "So, wassa the plan ?"
Tim Hall (looking slightly confused) "We're going to Brighton."
P "Can I join in ?"
Tim "Er, I suppose so."

Many miles later, in that really dark bit of Surrey before the M25.

P "So, when do we get to Brixton ?"

jiberjaber

Veteran
Might do a ride out to Maldon for Breakfast to see you all, subject to hangover etc :smile:

Top Bottom