FNRttC PROVISIONAL 2012 dates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd heard Mice was channeling three small boys that day.
Collectively.

Ahem. Excuse me. For the record the local I spoke to that day was a) female and b) over 35 (by quite a lot). In his raconte of the ride, His Dellzeqqship said "Mice engaged two ten year old boys on scooters (what were they doing up at that time of the morning?) who led us to The Captain's Table". I didnt bother correcting DZ at the time on the basis he still had five more 2011 FNRttCs ahead of him to organize/take part in and if he did have any spare time amending his histoire seemed an unreasonable thing to ask. Silly me. Little did I think that many months later an inference would continue to be made. So peeps, please consider yourself corrected! I was only trying to help as it is unusual to arrive at the Coast on an FNRttC without a prebooked destination, tea on the hob, bacon butties on parade, beers at the ready.... and we were all meandering about a weency bit, desparately trying to avoid the previous years destination which I understood to have been a bit, well, shite. Gratitude? Pah.

Comprendi??!!!

Unless of course you mean that I was crossing the channel to Dieppe with a group of cyclists in which case that is no way to speak of Teef, Frank975 and AKA Bob.:laugh:

M

U

User10571

Blimey.
That's me told.;)

Hmm. I got the impression that it was a bit of a 'reverse Pied Piper' in operation actually, with the boys leading the Mice on, but hey! I know nothing. Simon knows everything. Always trust User10571.;)
However, to correct yet another factuality, the café of the previous trip was great, with accomodating staff. I suspect they might have been overwhelmed last year though, had they been open...their version of decaffinated tea would be to leave the tea bag out. I will search for further evidence on this point m'lud.
24qs2s3.jpg

14e46t4.jpg

348rq6o.jpg

frank9755

Cyclist
Ahem. Excuse me. For the record the local I spoke to that day was a) female and b) over 35 (by quite a lot). In his raconte of the ride, His Dellzeqqship said "Mice engaged two ten year old boys on scooters (what were they doing up at that time of the morning?) who led us to The Captain's Table". I didnt bother correcting DZ at the time on the basis he still had five more 2011 FNRttCs ahead of him to organize/take part in and if he did have any spare time amending his histoire seemed an unreasonable thing to ask. Silly me. Little did I think that many months later an inference would continue to be made. So peeps, please consider yourself corrected! I was only trying to help as it is unusual to arrive at the Coast on an FNRttC without a prebooked destination, tea on the hob, bacon butties on parade, beers at the ready.... and we were all meandering about a weency bit, desparately trying to avoid the previous years destination which I understood to have been a bit, well, shite. Gratitude? Pah.

Comprendi??!!!

Unless of course you mean that I was crossing the channel to Dieppe with a group of cyclists in which case that is no way to speak of Teef, Frank975 and AKA Bob.:laugh:

M

For the record, there were two separate encounters (which literary licence merged into one, avoiding tedious detail). M got directions from someone while we were waiting on the main road (and even contemplating McDonalds xx(). We then set off for the cafe and met the boys on the way. They asked us where we were all going, we told them, and they said they'd show us the way!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
In the FNRttC Pantomine 2012 Mr Verloc will play the part of the Pied Piper of Ramekin. Mr Ronald MacDonald will play the part of Felpham, the Pied Piper's loyal retainer.

1752850 said:
True this.
For the record, this is The Internet and we are not interested in the truth spoiling a perfectly good story. Heavens! Levinson will be looking to collar someone for the 'Case of the Missing Buff' when he has finished with the cops and celebs etc. David Cameron will be taxing cyclists who mix yellow and brown with breakfast coloured food - the world of fantasy will fall to bits! (and I'll have to leave the forum)

Admirable. I am happy to support your efforts, and look forward to drinking a toast with you and the rehabilitated one when we next meet en route. Hopefully, NewFrank will bring along Rich's wine glasses that mistakenly made their way into his panniers 'some time ago'.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ok...........the destination of the April 20th ride has changed. We'll be stopping a little short of Southsea at Emsworth. Splash and dash at Horsham Tesco, down the A29, up Bury Hill, down toward Bognor, through Oving, Chichester, Bosham and on to Emsworth, where breakfast will be taken at the Flintstones Cafe. A bit over 77 miles. Southern has tickets for £6.60

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
ok...........the destination of the April 20th ride has changed. We'll be stopping a little short of Southsea at Emsworth. Splash and dash at Horsham Tesco, down the A29, up Bury Hill, down toward Bognor, through Oving, Chichester, Bosham and on to Emsworth, where breakfast will be taken at the Flintstones Cafe. A bit over 77 miles. Southern has tickets for £6.60
Sounds lovely... but for the word SUPERSPEEDY. Not really sure what this means on the ground compared with normal. Guess one could just come along and try not to get dropped eh?

Top Bottom