FNRttC PROVISIONAL 2012 dates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Sounds lovely... but for the word SUPERSPEEDY. Not really sure what this means on the ground compared with normal. Guess one could just come along and try not to get dropped eh?
one could, but we don't drop anybody so you'd actually have to pedal your bike backwards. I'll allow half an hour for Tesco, which gives an average of a tad over 10mph - perhaps as much as 11mph. That sounds like not very much, but we have to get out of London, go up Bury Hill and take in some sights - and that's before we get to punctures.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Sounds lovely... but for the word SUPERSPEEDY. Not really sure what this means on the ground compared with normal. Guess one could just come along and try not to get dropped eh?
Last time, only slightly quicker than usual, Greg. Bury Hill is guaranteed to take the wind out of most people's sails, so I doubt there will be a problem.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
one could, but we don't drop anybody so you'd actually have to pedal your bike backwards. I'll allow half an hour for Tesco, which gives an average of a tad over 10mph - perhaps as much as 11mph. That sounds like not very much, but we have to get out of London, go up Bury Hill and take in some sights - and that's before we get to punctures.
30 minutes at the Broadbridge Heath Tesco's? What an awful prospect.

Will have to go and stare at the kitchen calender; not sure I pencilled it on there due to it's superspeediness.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Emsworth? Will there be pigs?

Hmmm... A route via Horsham knocks out my neat bail-out point. I will monitor developments.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
30 minutes at the Broadbridge Heath Tesco's? What an awful prospect.

Will have to go and stare at the kitchen calender; not sure I pencilled it on there due to it's superspeediness.
I'm writing from experience. There is no way to hurry cyclists at that time of the morning. Before you know it they'll be purchasing chocolate and gloves and the book of the month. We've left Tescos with a couple of people still inside, and I've watched them scramble out with just a degree of righteous satisfaction - some of us simply don't react to anything except the obvious

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I'm writing from experience. There is no way to hurry cyclists at that time of the morning. Before you know it they'll be purchasing chocolate and gloves and the book of the month. We've left Tescos with a couple of people still inside, and I've watched them scramble out with just a degree of righteous satisfaction - some of us simply don't react to anything except the obvious
Laggards.

thom

____
ok...........the destination of the April 20th ride has changed. We'll be stopping a little short of Southsea at Emsworth. Splash and dash at Horsham Tesco, down the A29, up Bury Hill, down toward Bognor, through Oving, Chichester, Bosham and on to Emsworth, where breakfast will be taken at the Flintstones Cafe. A bit over 77 miles. Southern has tickets for £6.60
Decided against going through Cocking I see.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Decided against going through Cocking I see.
yes, Thom, I did. Although I used to give my dear lady wife a call every time I went down the A286 to tell her that I was on top of Cocking. How we laughed!

thom

____
yes, Thom, I did. Although I used to give my dear lady wife a call every time I went down the A286 to tell her that I was on top of Cocking. How we laughed!
I ended up there inadvertently the one time I went to Portsmouth last November. Went down this fantastic road, Jobson's Lane which turns into Highstead Lane, going through Lickfold, Lodsworth and Selham and ending up near a stud farm and stables. Very picturesque but as is the way with the south downs, you had a bit of a diversion to the A286 and Cocking to get further south. There were many copses with splattered pheasents strewn over abutting roads.

thom

____
What were you doing riding through the woods, Thom? And you, being a pheasant plucker, must have enjoyed the ride surely? ;)
And, as for ending up in Advertently, I find that if you take the A286 and turn right at....:smile: Sorry - time's up.

Seeking escape from the city. The pheasent carnage was remarkable and that was without anyone getting their shotgun out. They are a particularly stupid bird.
But speaking of remarkable birds, there were 3 enormous birds in St James park this morning. The one I was near appeared to be a Pelican - well worth a look.

U

User10571

Best hope you never end up here and call the wife.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fingringhoe
I'm familiar with Fingringhoe and will never forget seeing one thousand different shades of green as the sun set on the fields behind The Whalebone pub in Fingringhoe, where I was taking refreshment one summer's evening.
What's freaked me about your link is it's subsequent link to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramblin'_Man_(Lemon_Jelly_song)
That's been in my music collection for years... yet I've never noticed the Bagpuss content.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My chums always chuckle when we cycle through Wivelsfield towards the pub, and I cry, "How far's The Cock Inn?"

Top Bottom