FNRttC to Newhaven, Paris and Dieppe July 18, 19, 20 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrij

Über Member
I shall be cycling only as far as Newhaven, then returning to London. There is a chance it may be by velocipede, but more likely a train-assisted return.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My planned route back is: Lewes, Turners Hill, Godstone then either Caterham for the train or up on to the Downs ridge via Gangers Hill (ulp!) and down to Hayes for the train. Or something like that anyway. With numerous bail out train options along the way.

Flandrienne

Advice? Patience. Lots of. It's hard but necessary to ensure you don't take even longer to heal.

PRODUCT_FLOWERS_Summer_Roses_large.jpg

Music. Dance around your living-room :thumbsup:
Thank you for the flowers Wanda :smile:

Flandrienne

:girldance: Hello cyclefriends!
I am feeling better (elbow) after lots of fysio therapy , patience and support !
I am building up playing tennis and cycling again, step by step...
I'll be off soon cycling in the Netherlands and have my first couchsurfing experience...
Reports will follow at the end of the month
Enjoy summercycling when the sun is shining:sun:
and enjoy the comfort of finding shelter when the rain is falling:rain:

StuartG

slower but further
I haven't booked it yet. Last year it was Premiere Classe. All the usual suspects are parked near to each other on the Avenue de Canadiens cuddled around a Buffalo Grill. Mouthwatering eh?

I've not booked a Paris place either for Big Michael and me. Have you found a bike friendly pad?

StuartG

slower but further
2541452 said:
It is one of my life ambitions to eat in a buffalo grill.
You won't forget it no matter how hard you try ...

StuartG

slower but further
Was it a Buffalo Grill that we went to in Rouen last year? Where the waitress wouldn't bring me a jug of water?
I enjoyed this trip so much last year that I'm planning to do it again, if that's OK with you.

It was indeed. You are very welcome. I'm thinking of following the higher ground on the other side of the Seine this time. More hilly but avoids Elbeuf. But it can be maps at dawn if you want to go flat ...
Any suggestions for a bike friendly Paris Hotel?

StuartG

slower but further
What was Elbeuf? Was it the bit where you made me ride my ROAD BIKE for miles down a stony track and across rough fields full of long grass?
Err ... no ... t'other end just before Rouen when we left the Elysian Fields to a network of autoroutes, a decaying cycle path that led us inevitably to join a fast dual carriage beside the curve in the river as I started to get awkwardly dehydrated and leading to getting lost imaginative route creation in the suburbs.

The blot on an otherwise almost perfect ride. There must be a better way ...

Yep that first bit will be different too.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
TMN, this seems to have become an alarming Fridays habit: see posts passim
Dell is unlikely to include muddy tracks on the itinerary. Not after I looked over my shoulder on "my route" from the ferry to the chateau to see him carrying his bike as he waded through a puddle. Shall we agree that I was too far away to see the exact expression on his face?
. I managed to discover a delightful route back to the chateau via a lovely tarmac lane that soon deteriorated into a steep hilly rockstrewn nightmare with pushing bikes up hills. I don't think that will be on the agenda for Le Tour.
ride my ROAD BIKE for miles down a stony track and across rough fields full of long grass

U

User169

:girldance: Hello cyclefriends!
I am feeling better (elbow) after lots of fysio therapy , patience and support !
I am building up playing tennis and cycling again, step by step...
I'll be off soon cycling in the Netherlands and have my first couchsurfing experience...
Reports will follow at the end of the month
Enjoy summercycling when the sun is shining:sun:
and enjoy the comfort of finding shelter when the rain is falling:rain:

Hi Flandrienne - if you need a couch to surf in the environs of Delft, let me know!

Top Bottom