FNRttC FNRttC to Whitstable 5th June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Tynan said:
That's excellent quality video, what camera was that?

From the rare glimpses of the front of Charlotte's head (she's faster than me and is almost always somewhere up the pack) I'd take a punt at one of these.

TimO

Guru
I'm pretty sure it was the Hero Wide that arallsopp pointed to, for the on-bike footage, but she was also filming around the Woolwich ferry roundabout using a small camcorder thingy, so I guess some of the other more stationary footage was also done with that, rather than the GoPro one.

Charlotte

Dissolute libertine
arallsopp said:
From the rare glimpses of the front of Charlotte's head (she's faster than me and is almost always somewhere up the pack) I'd take a punt at one of these.

Spot on. When we weren't rolling, I was shooting with a Sony MiniDV camcorder, set on night mode (hence the spooky bleached-outedness).

TimO

Guru
I've got an ATC2K (which is pants at night), but I'd really like to work out a way to fit a forward and rearward looking camera setup, with a split screen feed into the recorder. Actually, I know how to do this, use a ChaseCam SS1000 or XM-DVR Pro recorder, but I don't have that sort of money to play about with!

The Hero Wide does give a very good view, much better than things like the ATC2K, I think the wide angle seems to be more representative of the wider view that you see about you when cycling.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Charlotte said:
The sordid evidence...

I have never seen such a dismal bunch of Beethovenian drunken carousers.

And apart from the Pastoral Symphony I haven't the foggiest idea what the soundtrack consists of.

PS - I can't decide whether mine host ("bollards") is Gordon Ramsey or Will Self in disguise - does he have an opinion?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Nice vid, Charlotte. Rather like the avatar as well!

Tynan

Veteran
I've just watched that properly with sound for the first time (after four bottles o beer) and it's really really good

it's the sort of thing that would make you want to do it, it really does look like a cool thing to do

bravo

Top Bottom