FNRttC FNRttC to Whitstable 5th June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Found out that Pippa is doing a triathlon which came about as a bet with a friend down a pub.
Aperitif you also found out my daughter didn't really like Francis Bacon [ forgot to say she really liked Rothko] :biggrin:

True.(I also learnt that you have a friend at Tate Modern who can help you with your daughter's appreciation, that Lord Snowdon was a wally and David Bailey...well! :biggrin: And as for the other meanie who tore up his print - huh! :smile:) I could bore you with a story about Mark Rothko, but I'll save it for the next time...:smile: Meanwhile, ask her to check out Agnes Martin and Chuck Close. Report back next time. Ta! ;)

Sig SilverPrinter

Aperitif said:
True.(I also learnt that you have a friend at Tate Modern who can help you with your daughter's appreciation, that Lord Snowdon was a wally and David Bailey...well! :blush: And as for the other meanie who tore up his print - huh! ;)) I could bore you with a story about Mark Rothko, but I'll save it for the next time...:wacko: Meanwhile, ask her to check out Agnes Martin and Chuck Close. Report back next time. Ta! ;)

Quite a few of the photographers I work for are tw*ts like the one who just came in,I nearly tore her prints up as she p*ssed me off so much had to walk away but think she heard me swearing as I walked back to my darkroom.
Will check out the above and i wait to hear the Rothko story.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Aperitif said:
Did you find out anything this time?

I discovered:
  • Appropriate nomenclature for Lady Jane, of the Pirate Viz.
  • Fantom rear lights (as sported by Wowbagger and Charlotte of the other place) are amongst the brightest things known to man. Do not follow them unless you fancy busting a pixel in your eye. Two days later, I'm still tailing a purple dot everywhere.
  • Benborp of this parish = bbborp from youtube = a very accomplished cyclist. He's somehow trained a 3% descent to sit directly under him, pootling along it quite merrily whilst the road around him swings wildly up and down without notice. Ride with him if you get the chance. Its quite amazing, if a little discouraging.
  • Covering the brakes is a good idea. Especially in the small hours, when only the rain is keeping you awake.
  • Norman Foster designed 6 More London Place
  • The best Georgian Street in SE England is neither (designed by Norman Foster, nor Georgian).
  • Trikes, especially as piloted by User3143 are the progeny of an illicit relationship between bar mounted Hellfire missiles and salmon. Practice not being between him and the horizon. Its a gap that closes pretty quick.
  • Geometry of the A2 is entirely relative to position. From above, its a nice straight line. Viewed from the side, its a sine wave.
  • It is possible to sleep in the saddle, the trick is to remain clipped in so that your feet don't drag.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
arallsopp said:
Fantom rear lights (as sported by Wowbagger and Charlotte of the other place) are amongst the brightest things known to man. Do not follow them unless you fancy busting a pixel in your eye. Two days later, I'm still tailing a purple dot everywhere.
I've got to talk to them about those....

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
To be fair, its probably aggravated by rider positioning on the recumbent. I don't know how others got on, but with my eye being lined up somewhere between the seatpost and rear rack, these were bright enough to register as pressure rather than light.

Might just be me, of course. ;)

Origamist

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
;) No, it's not just you. Another retina busting light I find is the Smart LED. I can't complain though because I have this light on my trike.

Yes, I was just about to complain about it!

I have a 3W red LED torch, but left it behind as I thought it might be too much for a group ride...

TimO

Guru
I have been known to use my Dinotte rear light on FNRttC, but try to only have it on when I'm The TEC, since other TECs tend to be blinded by it if you're slightly in front of them! I mostly just used the TL-LD1100 on Friday, but did do a pretty good job of blinding Adamski until he asked me to kill it.

If you are behind me, and I've forgotten to turn it off, feel free to ask me to extinguish it. Even on it's lowest setting, it's horribly eye searingly bright.

saoirse50

Veteran
arallsopp said:
I discovered:
  • Appropriate nomenclature for Lady Jane, of the Pirate Viz.

I'm hunting out a stuffed parrot and a suitable method of attachment for the next FNRttC. I rather like the swasbuckling nomenclature above- makes me sound much more interesting and exciting than in reality- a few more props might be in order. Alas I have no sparkly socks- (disco pirates wear them, you know)

Aperitif said:
It's a funny thing, this Friday Night Ride to the.

2gxh120.jpg

Tucking in. Some names - anyone care to be more than a number here? Please tell - it was dark you know! I kept a close eye on Des as he was one above me in the pecking order...

Excellent photos!

2 = Clive
5 = Arthur

Massive apologies Adrian - I did wonder, but the distinctive bandana persuaded me otherwise.:bravo:

And you had switched off your customary aura, so apparent when showing us the way.

Sod it. :wacko: (Not sod it for any particular reason, sod it because I just posted the additions!):blush:

TimO

Guru
I thought, "Hmm that looks like it might be Adrian", but in another shot you're wearing a yacf bandana [1], so I thought it must be someone else. You obviously brought a bag load with you!

Footnote[1]: <sing>"Yes, we have no bandanas...."</sing>

adamski

Guru
TimO said:
I mostly just used the TL-LD1100 on Friday, but did do a pretty good job of blinding Adamski until he asked me to kill it.

Don't worry, I've learnt from previous rides, so I was only behind you for a minute or so before asking if you'd turn the light down or off.

Top Bottom