FNRttC FNRttC to Whitstable 5th June 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
ah the chap n black tearing along while howling at people to stop?

when I turnd to go back at least thirty riders passed me looking at me like I ws mad when I told them it was the wrong way

can I please be put down as a possible for the Whitstable one (have to talk to the boss when she's in a better mood)

AdrianC said:
That would be a possible description. It doesn't quite match my self image but close enough.

"The svelte Adonis cruising past wayward riders, gently, but firmly, pointing out the error of their ways...causing most to turn their heads and admire the graceful yet steely intent."

Words learnt from the dellzeqq book of Prose & Poetry (Published by Brighton Press 2009) :smile:

TimO

Guru
I'm definitely up for the June ride having missed the May one. I enjoyed the Whitstable ride last year, although I don't particularly remember it as being overly harder than any of the other FNRttC routes.

The trains back always seem to be a bugger though. At the moment I can't get the system to tell me what trains are running from Whitstable on the 6th June, but the ones for Saturdays at the moment take an hour an a half to get to London, and aren't particularly cheap. Ho hum, that's one of the costs of doing a FNRttC.

Andrij

Über Member
TimO said:
The trains back always seem to be a bugger though. At the moment I can't get the system to tell me what trains are running from Whitstable on the 6th June, but the ones for Saturdays at the moment take an hour an a half to get to London, and aren't particularly cheap. Ho hum, that's one of the costs of doing a FNRttC.

The ride down to Canterbury isn't too bad — unless, of course, you happen to be NSTN. :smile:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Still buzzing (metaphorically) from Brighton. But I'll pass on this one, I'm afraid. Not because of working on a late shift- I finish at 2000-2030, was off last week fortunately :smile: I didn't actually sleep until 2335 Saturday, up 0800 Friday, one attempted catnap of a couple of hours only, so I might be able to work and then straight to HPC. Not because my journey home is nearly four hours from Whitstable. More because that journey would cost thirty quid! Sheesh....

Addendum: Remembered I also have not one but two prior engagements Saturday. Including the Smithfield Nocturne folding bike race. Best not to do that on the red-eye....Support from any and all would be appreciated.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
he muses and he wonders - home to HPC = 36 miles, HPC to Whitstable, = 69 miles. But see no point in returning via London so a run back could be:-

Whitstable - Maidstone - Epsom - Farnborough = 93.6miles
Whitstable - Maidstone - Epsom - Bedfont = 79.7miles

seems alarmingly like a recipe for my first 200 mile ride, could even be 250 miles if The Garminator is in attendance.

Coooeee, I say Cooooooeeeeee, Mr Aperitif Sir, how does the Man of Muscle feel about this one? If DavyW's up for it then we get him a colostomy bag:biggrin:

Lessons learnt from last one - I'd take warmer stuff for the night and a change for the return, plus a big envelope. Toilet in Whitstable, wet wipes, quick wash and change and mail home the night gear and be fresh for return ride.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Aperitif said:
:cheers: I was thinking of taking the train up to Waterloo and then getting one back from Whistable...long way that...;)
:tongue:

sorry mate, I know you're good, but carrying a train there and back, that's just taking the p*ss:biggrin:

ChrisKH

Guru
Slot me in dellzeqq, if you have capacity. It's my 46th something or other so the cakes are on me. May also cycle back to sunny Londres to keep someone company (depending on who is up for it) subject to the usual caveat of knees, sanity, still breathing, etc. I notice Whitstable is next to Seasalter where I spent happy summers as a child. Haven't returned since.

200 km + beckons. Stupidity in the face of adversity. :tongue:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Aperitif said:
"The svelte Adonis cruising past wayward riders, gently, but firmly, pointing out the error of their ways...causing most to turn their heads and admire the graceful yet steely intent."

Words learnt from the dellzeqq book of Prose & Poetry (Published by Brighton Press 2009) :tongue:

hey! I don't do that poignant paradox thingy!

do I?

Top Bottom