Focus Cross Pro vs. Specialized TriCross Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benguin

Hi all,

Still looking for my perfect new bike. Perfect, as in: fits my bill in all the senses of the word (money, uses, etc.) I'm basically on the market for a fast-commuter bike that I could use in the Welsh hills surrounding my home but that I could also take on longer-distance rides at the weekends, holidays (maybe light touring), etc. Ability to fit guards (essential) and racks (great). Anyway, I've been looking at several models: Specialized Tricross Comp (£1,199), Condor Gran Fondo (depends on what groupset you go for, but approximately £1,500) or Focus Cross Pro (£999). The Focus looks quite a nice bike, well equiped, well-priced, etc. but I have no experience of the brand. I currently ride another German-made bike (Corratec, and I have to say that I love mine) but wondered whether anyone had experience of Focus in terms of reliablity, frame durability, etc. I don't intend to replace that bike within a couple of years. Any advice welcome,

benjamin

skwerl

Gran Fondo is near enough 2k starting price. The other two are cross bikes. Are you after cross or road/touring?
The GF is a bike that's going to last an age. If longevity isn't a factor go for the Fratello - basically the same bike but in steel rather than Ti. That way some of the money you save can go on a better groupo

iacula

This is a thread that seemed to run into the sand a bit....but it does seem to have crucial question within it. Do cross bikes make good fast commuters, it seems to me that they would. But then, doesn't any "road bike shaped" bike with room for mudguards and a rear rack potentially do the fast commuter job and we should get too hung up about it?

Top Bottom