Folding Umbrella

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Will someone please tell me why I read these shoot threads? Ffs is brolly shopping now a community affair? Get a coat man and walk the dog like the rest of us - miserably and with the weighty doom that you may once have bought the wrong loft ladder

bruce1530

Guru
I remember back in my student days, my flatmate bought a folding telescopic umbrella. We didn’t have Poundland in those days - but I suspect he may have paid less than a pound. It was not a high quality item.

Walking through Glasgow. Rain came on. He lifted umbrella. Pressed the button. The top section shot off like a rocket. Went about 12 feet into the air, and descended in a perfect parabola, hitting an old dear on the back of the head.

My mate apologised, she whacked him with her umbrella.
It could have been the start of an Umbrella War - but my mate was too embarrassed to retaliate.

stephec

Legendary Member
So having had that interminable kettle thread do we really need another one where the OP wants to show how he can afford to pay a high price for a day to day item?

I'm predicting a "I need a fancy, overpriced toilet brush, where can I buy one?" thread in the near future
Just wait for the cooker extractor hood thread.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Solicitors that my son used to work for, in their events management team, gave away decent umbrellas if you got to go to one of their marketing events. I have borrowed his on a semi-permanent basis until he realises... their name seems to wear off though....

classic33

Leg End Member
Selfridges, Harvey Nicks, John Lewis

But you’re a grown man...do you really not know where to buy an umbrella from?!

All umbrellas fold, they’d be fecking useless to transport otherwise! Finding one that is truly windproof is likely impossible though
They're all designed to be blown inside out. It's a design feature to prevent the fabric causing the frame to seperate from it. The better made ones will remain intact.

classic33

Leg End Member
I recommend a leather Akubra hat. All the weatherproofing of an umbrella but you have both hands free.

Also, it doesn't attack grannies.
That's just your experience though.

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Won't a good waterproof jacket with a hood perform better than a brolly? And it has the added benefit of keeping one warm.

But I have plenty of warm jackets, just not one with a hood, it was cheaper to buy the brolly, especially as I reckon the dog has less than 6 months left.

James Smith & Son, established 1830. New Oxford Street W1.
https://www.james-smith.co.uk/

How were you aware of that shop? It's ace.:okay:

Top Bottom