Folding Umbrella

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
That's what l need, my mother's dog is on it's way out, walks are taking ever longer. I am soaked again.

I want a quality folding umbrella. I do not want one from Poundland, nor do l care that an Asda one has lasted several decades.

I want one that is rainproof, windproof with a nice-to-touch handle and a sturdy mechanism.

Where will l find one?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
James Smith & Son, established 1830. New Oxford Street W1.
https://www.james-smith.co.uk/
You have to check if they do mail order.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I come from a generation that carried umbrellas. My dad always told me....it must have a Fox frame.
So one year, on holiday with friends and it started to rain. I proudly stated, "this is what you need, a Fox frame". Put it up and it promptly blew inside out :blush:.
Not a lot of help to you that story:smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Selfridges, Harvey Nicks, John Lewis

But you’re a grown man...do you really not know where to buy an umbrella from?!

All umbrellas fold, they’d be fecking useless to transport otherwise! Finding one that is truly windproof is likely impossible though

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Considering the cheapest folding one is £40 I don't think it's exorbitant. The OP was asking for quality, but he is in Yorkshire :smile:
The shop is really a treat, like stepping back s couple of centuries. If you're ever in London it's worth a visit.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If I ever manage to kill my Samsonite one I will buy a replacement right away. I have had it for the best part of 20 years. the nearest one to it now is the Larger Rain Pro.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I come from a generation that carried umbrellas. My dad always told me....it must have a Fox frame.
So one year, on holiday with friends and it started to rain. I proudly stated, "this is what you need, a Fox frame". Put it up and it promptly blew inside out :blush:.
Not a lot of help to you that story:smile:

Fox of Sheffield- there's a shopping precinct on the site of the factory...

Top Bottom