Following a strava route on your phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Anyone ever followed a strava route you created online on the strava phone app? Recording a ride doesn't need data but does following a ride on the app need data switched on for hours or do you just need to have your GPS/Location switched on?

Katherine

Guru
Anyone ever followed a strava route you created online on the strava phone app? Recording a ride doesn't need data but does following a ride on the app need data switched on for hours or do you just need to have your GPS/Location switched on?
I think you download it to the phone and save it offline.

si_c

Guru
I found the Strava route feature on the app quite poor to be honest. There are better tools, which is a shame as the route builder is best in class.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
I found the Strava route feature on the app quite poor to be honest. There are better tools, which is a shame as the route builder is best in class.
What problems did you have with it? I have heard it's not the best. I only need it to be get from A to B without getting lost.

Harv

4 8 15 16 23 42
Does anyone know of an Apple Watch app that lets you navigate a gpx route?

That would be awesome.

si_c

Guru
What problems did you have with it? I have heard it's not the best. I only need it to be get from A to B without getting lost.
Just the screen having a poor layout and not really behaving as expected. I've not used it for some time though as it was so terrible. I use a dedicated unit or Google maps for routing.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Just the screen having a poor layout and not really behaving as expected. I've not used it for some time though as it was so terrible. I use a dedicated unit or Google maps for routing.
Would you say it was liable to get me lost? The route I have planned is a moderately complicated one

si_c

Guru
Would you say it was liable to get me lost? The route I have planned is a moderately complicated one
I'd simply suggest an alternative might make life easier. Ride with GPS is usually well thought of, and you can export the GPX from Strava.

Top Bottom