Food 'finds'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

efreeti

Lowish Fat Steak Sauce...

Tesco Healthy Living Creme Fresh
tiny bit of olive oil or ground nut oil
garlic
mushrooms
peppercorns
paprika.
beef stock cube

Fry the mushrooms, garlic and crushed black peppercorns in a tiny bit of oil (teaspoon at most). Once they have cooked down chuck in a couple of tablespoons of creme fresh. Add about 12 a stock cube in 1/4 pint of boiling water.

Mix it all up and let it thicken for a minute or so.

Quick healthy lovely steak sauce.

AncientWyvern

My girlfriends recipe for tabbouleh is:

Cooked Bulgar wheat, then whilst its still warm add a large bunch of corriander (normally parsely but she loves corridander), small bunch of mint, and loads of chopped veg - normally red onion, tomato with cucumber, red pepper then fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.

very fresh and refreshing :becool:

wafflycat

Norry1 said:
Stinking Bishop

Best cheese in the world :smile:

No, sorry, but I have to disagree. IMO it's one of the worst. Certainly the worst I've ever had. The *stink* is appalling and the taste even worse. The resultant migraine, pain and nausea lasted for three days non-stop. Never again. :becool:

longers

Legendary Member
Maybe the bit you tried had gone off?

I've not had it but my nose wrinkled when I read your post Norry :becool:

Norry1

Legendary Member
wafflycat said:
No, sorry, but I have to disagree. IMO it's one of the worst. Certainly the worst I've ever had. The *stink* is appalling and the taste even worse. The resultant migraine, pain and nausea lasted for three days non-stop. Never again. :becool:

Well, I won't disgust everyone by saying what it smells like, but the taste is wonderful - in my opinion of course. And luckily, its never given me any problems, unlike you by the sound of it.

wafflycat

Norry1 said:
Well, I won't disgust everyone by saying what it smells like, but the taste is wonderful - in my opinion of course. And luckily, its never given me any problems, unlike you by the sound of it.

Oh yes, it gave me loads of problems!

If you wish to try some rather lovely cheese, try some Walsingham, it's rather lovely.

Did I mention it's rather lovely?

wafflycat

Norry1 said:

Regarding the err... *aroma* of Stinking Bishop (the name from the variety of pear used to make the perry that the cheese is washed in, rather than the aroma of the cheese, as you doubtless know) could be classed as a biological weapon. It is *horrendous* When I bought a small amount of said cheese to try, MrWC got in the car - turned green and insisted on having the side windows of the car fully open as we drove home. Can't say I blamed him. :becool:

Top Bottom